Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Babs101 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 01:59 PM
    Two Parties on one night
    My husband and I were invited to two cocktail parties on the same evening. I already knew about one and told the host we would be coming. Then I got the other invitation. Is it correct for me to turn that down? I know many couples that are going to attend both parties, which I feel is rude to the hosts, since they are having caterers and people will be showing up at all hours instead of at a given time. These are not open "houses". Should people choose one party or is it okay to stop by both? Thanks for your input and advice!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 09:43 PM
    I think it would be appropriate either way, to stop by both parties and say hi, or to call the host/hostess of the 2nd party and explain that you have a prior engagement and you regret that you cannot attend their party this time but you appreciate their invitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stepchildren Parties [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for 19 years. My stepson, who is 24 years old, is having a housewarming party with his new wife and has invited his mother along with my in-laws. (His father's extended family) I do not want to attend any gathering with my husbands ex-wife. Not only hasn't his divorce...

Afraid of certain parties. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm still seventeen and I started to take interest in another girl, except that she smokes and is somewhat of a party goer. The problem is that I've never been to a party, with alcohol and drugs, before in my high school life, more like entire life. Primarily because I've been really quiet for...

How to change parties? [ 4 Answers ]

Greetings, I live in North Carolina and wish to change political party registration to be an Independent. How do I go about this or do I have to wait until an election?

Political parties [ 3 Answers ]

How do political parties influence the selection of canidates running for election at the state and local level?

View more questions Search