Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armanigirl33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2007, 01:22 PM
    i need answers to these problems quick!
    I have this quiz that is due by 3 o clock...
    factoring polynomials completely..
    24a squared + 54a + 21

d squared - 3d + 7

8w to the fourth power (-)28w to the third power (-) 16w squared

12x squared -5x - 3

36q squared +49r squared

x to the fourth power (-) 81

wx-3xz +2wy-6yz
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 01:52 PM
    We will analyze your attempts to answer a question, but site policy is to NOT do your work for you.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 01:53 PM
    And be careful... if the site admin cared to track where this came from they could likely find out the computer's ip address.

Academic dishonesty is something to be ashamed of.

You CAN get caught.
    cool_dude Posts: 124, Reputation: 9

Dec 6, 2007, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    and be careful... if the site admin cared to track where this came from they could likely find out the computer's ip address.

academic dishonesty is something to be ashamed of.

you CAN get caught.
    Off course but lets not be so hasty and hypocritical because in fact most people that post questions here all post there homework/assignment questions. We are here to help people and not scare them away by threatening with there ip address besides I doubt that the admin will get the persons identity from there ip address :)

Anyhow factoring is really easy once u get the hang of it and trust me you will because you will be doing a lot more of it! Basically for all these questions you can just use your quadratic formula which you should know if not just Google it and you just simply plug in your numbers into the quadratic equation to get the 2 numbers and put it into the right factored form. There are lots of methods to factor. Sometimes you don't even need to use quadratic formula when its easy to see for instance
    x^2 - 4x + 3
    What 2 numbers multiply to 3 and add up to -4? The numbers are -3 and -1. so then you just put them into factored form (x-3)(x-1)
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cool_dude
    Off course but lets not be so hasty and hypocritical because in fact most people that post questions here all post there homework/assignment questions.
    We are here to help people and not scare them away by threatening with there ip address besides i doubt that the admin will get the persons identity from there ip address :)
    This is not homework. It was a timed quiz.

First of all, there is nothing hypocritical about stating the policy of AMHD toward questions like this. If you have a problem with it, talk to the mods.

Second, I have no problem scaring away someone who is asking for the answers to her quiz, ten minutes before it is due. This is clearly an attempt to cheat. If you find this type of behavior acceptable, then you've never been a teacher. I have. I also seem to think the AMHD folks won't take your side on the issue of using this site for cheating on a quiz.

And no.. The admis probably won't do much about the ip, though it has, in fact, used ip info before when people have not followed the policies of the site, amd banned members for this misuse.

I did appreciate your NOT answering her questions. That happens too much.

I however completely disagree with you on the AMHD stated policy concerning homework help, and the ethical "ok-ness" of fulfilling her request... to provide answers on a quiz.

Maybe a scare now will help her from facing a real academic issue later. It is NO FUN catching a student at university cheating, and NO FUN reporting this to their advisor and college for academic discipline. But that's just my ignorant angle.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Kp 2171 should be banned from this site!!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 6, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pready
    kp 2171 should be banned from this site!!!
    Why ?

Just as a refresher please refer to This Announcement
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    we will analyze your attempts to answer a question, but site policy is to NOT do your work for you.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/math-s...-b-u-font.html

Is not the first line of the policy clear?

I've asked the admin to clarify this issue.

Dec 6, 2007, 03:24 PM
    I had no idea that this was a timed quiz! Or a quiz at all. Just thought it was a homework question and lots of people when starting factoring have trouble with it so offcourse as many people do try to get answers on this forum we help them out and point them in right directions. That's all I meant. I do not disagree with the policy and I'm actually happy to know that the policy is strict about giving out answers because then people will never learn. But seeing as this is his/her first post they probably don't know better than just asking for the answer and instead of threatening with the ip address it would have been a little kinder to just simply tell them to read the rules. That's all I meant so I hope you didn't get offended by that.
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by armanigirl33
    i have this quiz that is due by 3 o clock...factoring polynomials completely..
    24a squared + 54a + 21
    I didn't make it up, and this is the reason I was so harsh. Students use tech to get real time answers in tests and quizzes.

Dec 6, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pready
    kp 2171 should be banned from this site!!!
    Why should he be banned? He's actually just making sure people follow the rules. Judging by his post count it would be really stupid to ban him because it seems like he does a lot for this site.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Hi. I'm the moderator of Math and Science help and Science expert on the board. I believe that kp did exactly what was needed when answering this question.

We are not here to do homework, we are here to offer guidance and direction. The OP has shown no signs of trying to solve these questions by himself, which he could easily do if he was taught this in class.

Whether it is a quiz or homework is a moot point, I would respond the same way as kp in either case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quick online physics reference guide for solving problems [ 5 Answers ]

Hello All, I love Physics and enjoy to help students with different problems. I Am Associate Professor, Ph.D. in Physics and Mathematics, Senior Lecturer in General Physics with more than 20 years experience I. More Details about my subjects and background you can see on my site: ...

Half a hysterectomy and problems, in need of answers. [ 3 Answers ]

I had a hysterectomy done on my right side, on 9/12/2007, the left side's still in working order, and I am only 26, no kids yet... Each time I've gotten my period since,I've not really been bleeding at all, I've also been taking the pill for that 2 month time as well to keep the cyst on the left...

I need answers. Quick! [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend broke up on Sunday. I'm devastated he called me right now and told me that he can't be with me because he's not good for me. The thing with him is that he just lost 4 of his closest friends in the past 6 or 8 months. He can't get over it and he is going to therapy and stuff....

Looking for Answers [ 3 Answers ]

For the past several years I have been experiencing erectile disfunction. The degree of this problem varies. Lately I tried 2 different herbal remedies that I bought online. The first one worked for about 2 weeks then the effects stopped. The second one worked for about 2 weeks and then also...

Answers To Quick Question - Empathic Clairvoyant [ 3 Answers ]

To: Ask Members Psychic Forum I am an empathic clairvoyant who has worked with the public for many years; but I am a neophyte on computers. To create public interest for my service before I establish a computer presence on-line I am taking questions at this forum. I would be happy to answer...

View more questions Search