Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Dec 6, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Anyone read Jude the Obscure?
    I just finished it (by Thomas Hardy) and loved it!

... just wondering what anyone else thought
    Braden23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Feb 14, 2008, 07:44 AM
    I read it and I enjoyed it a lot. I think I liked it because I can see some of myself and my own life in Jude. I like most of Thomas Hardy's books because he seems to understand disappointment and hardship. It's almost like he says, "I understand, because I've been there, too", without meaning to. What did you think of the book?
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Feb 21, 2008, 10:09 AM
    I read it and enjoyed it also. The part where he went off to school to learn Latin and was amazed and unhappy when he learned that it wasn't just about learning new words wrung a familiar chord. I've gone after things that ended up being much harder to do than I imagined.
    Braden23 Posts: 39, Reputation: 5

Feb 22, 2008, 06:29 AM
    The portion of the book that struck a familiar chord for me was when he met Arabella, and later found out that she was not what he thought she was. I've had this experience in lots of relationships.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Obscure Children's Movie [ 6 Answers ]

It was about little woodland animals who's forest is polluted with gas from a wrecked tanker, and they have to go to find the cure somehow. There is a badger with rhuematism, and a little skunk girl in it. And at some point they have to run across an open medow in the dark and get away from an...

Obscure movie [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I remember seeing when I was younger. The main characters were a young boy and a monster. The monster looked like the honeycombs cereal monster, and I think I viewed it in the late 80's or early 90's. Anything would be helpful. Thanks

I have to find a very obscure movie title [ 1 Answers ]

I do not know the actors or name but the plot is a guy can turn into this hero with blades on his arms and the suit is blue.The name of the antagonist is Crane I think.there is a lot of gore in it. I really need to find it.The only names I could come up with are Diver,and Dover .pleaze help!

Obscure song from the '60s? Help! [ 1 Answers ]

Just yesterday (July 4th) I was in a loud restaurant and they played a song that I could only catch the chorus of - and it was so catchy I just HAVE to know what it is! All I know is that the song sounds like a '60s/Beach Boys/Monkees boy group and the chorus have the guys singing "doo, doo, doo"...

View more questions Search