Ask
    balla4eva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 04:44 PM
    Can u get Heptitus c by drinking after people
    Can you get Heptitius c by drinking after people
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Hepatitis C is spread via the blood route.

How could a person have gotten hepatitis C?
    HCV is spread primarily by direct contact with human blood. For example, you may have gotten infected with HCV if:

* you ever injected street drugs, as the needles and/or other drug "works" used to prepare or inject the drug(s) may have had someone else's blood that contained HCV on them.
    * you received blood, blood products, or solid organs from a donor whose blood contained HCV.
    * you were ever on long-term kidney dialysis as you may have unknowingly shared supplies/equipment that had someone else's blood on them.
    * you were ever a healthcare worker and had frequent contact with blood on the job, especially accidental needlesticks.
    * your mother had hepatitis C at the time she gave birth to you. During the birth her blood may have gotten into your body.
    * you ever had sex with a person infected with HCV.
    * you lived with someone who was infected with HCV and shared items such as razors or toothbrushes that might have had his/her blood on them.
    Hepatitis C: FAQ | CDC Viral Hepatitis

No, you can't get it by drinking after people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Underage drinking [ 9 Answers ]

Our 19 year old daughter may be drinking and driving. Not sure where to start, do we report her to authorities, have her tested?

Underage drinking [ 6 Answers ]

I recently received a ticket for "being less than 21 and possessing malt beverage" and "fraudulent identification". I know that having a REAL drivers license and altering it is considered a felony for falsifying a government document, but I read that having a flat out fake ID is only a misdeamenor....

Drinking water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a strange problem that I want to resolve and everybody seems to think it is in my head, but I have tried very hard to overcome it. My problem is that every time I drink water, or anything with water, I get a sore throat, which lasts for about 10 minutes after I drink, they really hurt and I...

Drinking and driving [ 6 Answers ]

My 19 year old daugheter got drunk and drove herself home. We have taken the car away except when using for work. What is a reasonable time to keep her from driving?

View more questions Search