Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    russsifford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Oulook Express will not function
    I When I try to send a message on Outlook Express I get the foolowing error message:

"The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'postoffice.comcast.net', Server: 'comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

How can I correct my system so I can use Outlook express?

I am currently using Internet Express as my default program.
    Teracomm Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Dec 7, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Web based email like hotmail do not work with outlook express.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Dec 11, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Russ, contact Comcast to verify your OE mail server settings. I am not familiar w/Comcast, but I suspect you inadvertently clicked (set) the OE setting.. see below.

Are either of the (2) lower boxes checked?

P2E

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oulook error [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, My outlook express 2000 receives and shows multipes copies of a same message. Operating system is Windows XP. Please provide a solution for this immediately. With regards, Sabeer

TV Out Function On [ 0 Answers ]

I've got a DVD drive and the PowerDVD 5.0 player and every time I try to watch a newer DVD, I get the error message "TV out function error", I look at the details and it says I can't play copyright protected DVD's with the TVout function enabled. The weird thing is, ALL my graphics adapters just...

Question using Oulook Express 6 [ 20 Answers ]

I am currently using WinXP and Oexpress 6 I am trying to find a simple application (preferably freeware) that will allow me, when I send outgoing emails, to be able to see when and if my recipients actually opened their emails (from me). I do not like the MSN feature that asks YES or No for a...

Math function in vb [ 1 Answers ]

For 'Non intrinsic mathematical function" which library I have to insert/use ?

View more questions Search