Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saivstech Posts: 53, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2005, 08:32 PM
    Oracle 9i Installation issues on W2k Server
    hi,

I've installed a dual booting OS running Win XP and Win2000 Server on two partitions namely: C: XP (Fat32 partition), E: W2kServer(NTFS partition) on 20GB each. They are running absolutely fine. Now when I tried to install Oracle 9i Server installation on W2K Server, in the initial stage itself I'm unable to proceed further i.e.. Autoplay is run and it comes up with a Oracle 9i Server Installation Screen which prompts the following options:

1. Install/Deinstall Products
    2. Explore the CD
    3. Browse the Documentation

When I select the Install/Deinstall Products then it comes back with a error message as following:
    ================================================== ========
    Oracle Universal Installer:

Error in writing to directory E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\OraInstall. Please ensure that this directory is writable and has at least 25MB of disk space. Installation cannot continue.

OK
    ================================================== ========

Now what could be the problem and how to resolve this issue?? Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

SAI
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Dec 11, 2005, 05:47 AM
    Sounds like a permissions issue in that folder, does your logon account have full access to it?

Dec 11, 2005, 09:12 AM
    I'm logged in as administrator to whatever operations I'm performing. Hence I guess it solves your doubt. Moreover I overlooked to mention that I;ve already installed JRE 1.5.0 before running the Oracle INstallation Setup. I'm mentioning this because I've come across this solution somewhere over the net, and I did try uninstalling the JRE and rebooted and did try to install Oracle but with the same probs. Hardluck for me I guess.

:)
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Dec 11, 2005, 09:54 AM
    Just to confirm the permissions are there, try copying some files (>25mb) to the folder described, If you can do this, then permissions is unlikely to be the issue, but the error message is quite specific so I am unsure what else it could be!

Dec 12, 2005, 01:48 AM
    Hi,

I tried to do what you suggested and it worked like a piece of cake... I mean I could do transfer a file of 55mb with ease.So I has got nothing to do with permissions I guess. Anyway if you come across anything else then keep me updated and thanks for sparing your valuable time.

SAI
    httpftp21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Hey guys
    Me also facing the problem oin windows 2000 Professional

I had previously installed oracle 9i on "C:\" drive
    At 1st time colud install it properly But some files were missing, so installation was not complete

I got new CD's but having the problem writable && space as mentioned above

Any one finds solution do post it or give us the link for the same

I will be thankfull to all of u
    tikitime Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 08:21 PM
    Try it this way instead:
    Completely uninstall your failed installation 1st. This means going into the registry and deleting :eek: the keys for oracle. Instructions are at:
    http://www.ohio.edu/technology/reque...OTE1243531.pdf

Download the binaries from OTN and :
    1. Create directories Disk1, Disk2 and Disk3.
    2. cd to Disk1 and unzip the 92010NT_Disk1.zip here.
    3. Repeat the above step for Disk2
    4. cd to Disk1 and start setup.exe to start the installer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Oracle [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed Oracle 9i,I have been working on oracle since one year(in college).At that time I was not requiring to use the oracle options i.e. I did'nt needed to specify which database serivice to use and all that I just had to run query in SQL *plus. At this time I am working...

Chronotherm IV installation issues. [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to update the thermostat in the house this weekend, and I am having some issues, and I wonder if someone could help set me straight with what I'm doing wrong... Just to be upfront - I don't know much about HVAC, we didn't really have them where I came from. I did replace the thermostat...

Oracle 8i [ 2 Answers ]

We are in Oracle platform based application development. We are user Developer6i as front-end. We are facing a big problem regarding implemenation of the executables. We have to install all the forms FMX files there at client side. Is there is any way to combine all the executable objects into...

View more questions Search