Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allthefacts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Nextel voicemail passcode
    How can I bypass the set passcode for my nextel voicemail without changing the passcode itself? Is it possible!
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 6, 2007, 09:03 AM
    Since nextel and sprint merged, I'd think it's the same as sprint. Dial "1" to get to voicemail, enter the current passcode, choose option 3 for settings, then 1 for Options. The first thing it asks about is using your passcode when you dial from your phone. If you change that to No, you won't have to enter it anymore.

If you don't know the password, the only way to reset it is to talk to Nextel.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 6, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by allthefacts
    How can I bypass the set passcode for my nextel voicemail without changing the passcode itself? Is it possible!!
    Having just purchased two hybrid phones, I can tell you that you have that option.

Go into your phone like you're setting up or listening to your VioceMail message. You should hear an option for bypassing the code. You will hear a warning and then continue. Next time you access VM, you won't be required to input the code.
    If that doesn't work, you can call Customer Service from that same phone and they can help you set that feature.

I hope this helps.
    Bdfoster31 Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2007, 11:00 PM
    I have a Nextel phone, and you CANNOT change this option. Hybrid phones run off the sprint voice and data, and it is not the same as Nextel's version.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Subsidy passcode [ 2 Answers ]

A friend gave me a Motorola Razrv3 phone and it said AT&T. I placed in my sim card but it asked for the subsidy passcode. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks ENat

View more questions Search