Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2006, 07:27 PM
    I have had too many blessings in life not to believe the Creator is watching over me, and through prayer and meditation have come to understand that being the best human being I can is the best way to follow the right path. I leave religion to those that want it but try to remain true to my own spirituality.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jul 16, 2006, 09:01 PM
    Well, it looks like this peacefull little post is Allah over! Here we go! Can't we just get along? There is a supreme being out there, in there, somewhere. Let's show it a little respect by first agreeing on that and not start another holy war.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jul 17, 2006, 06:56 AM
    I agree with you Magprob. It can only be sorrowful for the creator to watch his children fighting as they are. The trouble is some faiths, or rather the way they are interpreted, gives permission to people to be disrespectful of other faiths, and they think they do so with impunity from God. If that is God (and I suspect its not) then I want no part of such, which is why I answered here "Not God" too.

In my book, that is the first test of a faith -- does it allow for differences in a world that is just chockfull of differences? Religious tolerance is slowly emerging as the force de jour in the dawning of this "information age"; the whole world is beginning to see how very critical it is.
    Jonegy Posts: 166, Reputation: 37

Jul 17, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by valinors_sorrow

The trouble is some faiths, or rather the way they are interpreted, gives permission to people to be disrespectful of other faiths, and they think they do so with impunity from God. If that is God (and I suspect its not) then I want no part of such, which is why I answered here "Not God" too.

Yes Val - you have hit the nail on the head.

I have close friends both christian and muslim and both groups object vehemently the usurping of their holy books by self acclaimed "interpretors".
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 17, 2006, 11:57 AM
    Doncha just hate it when they act like that!
    vipul chaudhary Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 10:27 AM
    Comment on lilfyre's post
    There is only power occur in whole universe.then we have a narrow look about that power.so my thinking not achieve that power suddenly.my view or real one ideas occur in world are, that we considered a power in some shape or called name that power.
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Feb 25, 2007, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    actually no

The bible we have today is not translated from Latin.

It was translated from Greek, Hewbrew and Aramaic.

Their was a Latin bible and some translations come from it, but most are from the early text.

And again, no, the writting of the text by hard was sarcred, to alter anything would have been punished with death. So not much of a chance of change. And what you had was not one place doing all of the copies,
    Some made copies here. others there.

Actually the Latin adj had nothing to do with the bible as we have it.
    Only the Latin bible that used to be used by the Catholic Church.

But the greek and the Hewbrew does not have all of the adj or words as English does, but the usage of words and thier orders is what gives the meaning, so yes phases can be understood if correct understanding of the lanague is known and studied.

Sorry but your arguement shows very lack of knowledge and understanding of modern Bible translations

I Was actually just repeating the History Channel's documentary on the truth of the bible, and it sparked me to post here. I do believe the History Channel has a very reputable source of information.
    ignatz2000 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 07:21 PM
    The point that the only reason you believe in a religion because you grew up with it is very true BUT that is the only reason most people believe in their religion. For example if you grew up in a Jewish family that would most probably be your religion.
    And the point that you don't even know God exists is the point of atheists all over the world. None knows for sure that God exists but I for one would rather believe that something good is going to happen to me when I die than just that I don't exist anymore. And that if mankind can think on this high of a level SOMETHING must happen, it can't just all go away.
    In conclusion all we can do is believe and hope like hell that it's true.
    Kriscool Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
    I know there's a god and you know how?

If I take apart a tree atom by atom until I have a pile of atoms. Can a scientist make a tree with a pile of atoms?
    No

That's how I know.

God Can he has done it thousands of times.
    baal12 Posts: 35, Reputation: 0

Mar 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
    He actually takes those apart and makes quarks. And yes, nanophysicists are working on constructing molecules.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 12, 2007, 04:34 PM
    It is amazing to me that so many who think themselves educated and rational can look at the engineering all about them in the universe, and within them in cellular structure, everything perfectly working together, and then deny that there is an engineer somewhere who designed all these marvelous things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search