Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Dec 5, 2007, 09:54 AM
    First anniversary
    My one year anniversary is coming up this weekend. I am seven months pregnant (and it was a big shock to us since it was unplanned). Due to the upcoming baby and finances we have decided to stay in town for our anniversary. However, I would still like the weekend to be special. Any ideas on how to make the weekend special without spending a lot of money?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 10:07 AM
    Beka,

I sympathise with your predicament but it is not insurmountable. My wife and I were married for three years before we could afford either a honeymoon or anniversary plans.

If you want to keep the celebration affordable might I suggest that you ask your mother or his mother or both to plan the evening for you. Let them know why you are asking them and that you will repay them for what they do, but you really want to be surprised and that it absolutely has to be romantic.

Mothers are a wonderful source of creative ideas especially when romance is in the air. Please talk to your husband first and make sure he is OK with your idea and if there are no familial battles going on ask both moms to work together. If they agree or only one agrees, say thank you and get out of the way and let them alone to work on it. Your husband would be wise to offer to help them with anything they want and he can do but you need to stay out of it and let your anniversary unveil before you.

Enjoy
    Rinacakes1991 Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 10:22 AM
    This may sound corny but a nice picnic in the park might do the trick. With some wine for him and some sparkling cider for you, you two can take the time to talk about the future. And since you won't spend much you can start saving up for an even bigger 2 or 5 year anniversary!

Oh, and Happy Anniversary!
    cerisa Posts: 247, Reputation: 71

Dec 5, 2007, 11:32 AM
    The whole weekend? Start with breakfast in bed. If you have a willing friend or relative to come over and serve you both that would be better.
    Make it simple though, croissants, fruit and coffee, for example not a whole ham and eggs type of thing.
    Music is a great way to make a mood. Play music instead of T.V.
    Steam up the bathroom with a few candles and nice shower gels or bath salts. Add two people. Leave him a message on the mirror in lipstick
    If you are having dinner out, dress up, if at home, dress up. Set a nice table, have at least one flower in a vase.
    If you saved the top of your wedding cake, this is the time to serve it. If not, buy a 'baby cake' a 4" mini cake for the two of you.
    Watch a romantic movie together, turn the phone off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anniversary gift ideas [ 6 Answers ]

This weekend is my 1st anniversary. Yeah, I know it's paper or a clock, that's not the problem. My husband and I originally agreed that we were just going to take each other on a "date". Well, he decides to tell me last night that he bought me something after we decided not to get gifts. Now I feel...

6th Wedding Anniversary [ 14 Answers ]

Okay, next weekend my husband and I will celebrate 6 years of wedded bliss. We've been doing the traditional gifts (sometimes with creatives spins, as the year we got bikes for each other in the colors of Orange and Grape to cover "fruits and vegetables") Year 6 is "Iron", and I'm stumped. I...

My 1 year anniversary is coming up! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend will be going 1 year next month and I reaaly don't know what to get him. I love him to bits and I want to get him something romantic but not to over the top... what should I do?:)

3 year anniversary [ 11 Answers ]

Hey there! In November, my fiance' and I will have been together for 3 years. I would like to do something nice for him, take him somewhere or something to show how much I appreciate him moving across the state for me away from his hometown. And, well, just putting up with me in general. Anyone...

50th anniversary [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with ideas for a funny saying or something different or cute for the tee shirts and caps I am making up for 20 people. Thank you if you can think of something.

View more questions Search