Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thetachi464 Posts: 93, Reputation: 4

Dec 10, 2005, 02:26 PM
    Laptop display
    I have a toshiba laptop and the hinges on the screen are busted so the screen will not stay up. It just flops forward(closed) or back(open). The laptop has the speakers on the sides of the screen and they look like they are popped up but I have tried to push them down and it does nothing they don't stay down and they don't seem to fix the problem. Is this something that is a known problem in their laptops. Also can I just crack this thing open and replace them or fix them that way or is this issue not fixable. I have a lot of experience with computers but not too much with laptops. I'm not scared to take it apart if I knew if it is fixable.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 11, 2005, 07:21 AM
    Hinges
    Hi,
    Yes, you can replace the hinges yourself. You can search the web for "laptop hinges" and find ones that will fit your particular model.
    You could also take it to a local computer repair store, let them look at it, and see what they would charge to do it for you. They might have to order the hinges.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 11, 2005, 07:45 AM
    OPening the whole assambly should be relatively straight forward, if a little fiddly, so go for it.

It is unlikely however that you can do a swap out as the screen assambly tends to be one part and not modular, well me compaqs are anyway.
    If that is the case you'll have to by a whole new screen, mega bucks!!
    If your lucky you may be able to do a repair on the hindges yourself, but you'll only know once you have cracked the unit.

Good luck ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Monitor Display [ 4 Answers ]

My friends PC, running W98, will no longer have a display. She has tried plugging in two other monitors with the same result... nothing. She says she may have messed up something while in safe mode. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Graphics display [ 1 Answers ]

I am running a Gateway mid tower PC, P4, 256 RAM, WinXP home. Whenever I boot or reboot the computer the display setting automatically changes to 640X480 (Low 8 bit) from 800X600 (Highest 32 bit). I can go in to the display and change the setting back but I must do it every time my computer boots....

Display Settings. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem changing my screen area size and colors on my display settings. The current color settings are 16 colors, and the screen size is 640 x 480. I've tried changing them both, and then a screen pops up and says that Windows must restart before the new settings take...

View more questions Search