Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richcouzens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Giving back home to the bank
    How can I give back my to the bank If I cannot make the payments.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2007, 07:23 AM
    You talk to your bank, but this is not a good move. If you give back the home or allow it to be foreclosed on, you lose control. The bank will then sell the property at auction. If they do not get enough to cover the balance of the loan, you will still be on the hook for that balance.

Your best bet is to try and sell, even looking into a short sale.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Scott is right hold on to your house until the end and try selling it in the meantime. Also keep trying to work something out with the bank.
    When I lost my house they said I had up until auction day to pay a certain amount to get it back.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 04:08 PM
    You can talk to the bank about acepting the deed in lieu of foreclosure, if they accept that, then they accept the deed and agree that you will not owe anything (but be sure that is what the agreement says)
    But normally why should they, they can foreclose sell the property and then still make you pay the balance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turning property back to the bank [ 6 Answers ]

Due to many unforseen situations, I cannot make the payements on my house and want to know if I can turn the property over to the mortgage company? If so, how do I go about dong this?

Giving your house back to the bank [ 6 Answers ]

Help! I made a bad investment in a place that is going nowhere. If I give my house back to the bank, will it affect my credit? :eek:

He is not giving deposit money back [ 2 Answers ]

last year in december i moved into a basement aparment with my two yearl old son and a roomate.. i had many problem with her so she moved out after a few months, later then my boyfriend moved in .. i got pregnant and i couldn't afford the aparment anymore i gave the lanlord 1month and half notice i...

Voluntary giving your house back to the bank [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know the nature of voluntary repo of a home. Can you let me know what would happen if I can no longer afford my mortgage and opt not to refinance because the mortgage would still be too high since I've had a death in family 5 months ago and I no longer have any assistance with my...

Deeding your home back to the bank [ 9 Answers ]

If a senior citizen is forced to deed his/her house back to the bank, will that affect the senior citizen's credit rating?

View more questions Search