Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STRANGER_OF_UR_DREAMZ Posts: 61, Reputation: 2

Dec 10, 2005, 12:30 PM
    Earth quake
    Hi pals
    I just got an message from my friendz that 100min before an earh quacke occures our cellphones does not work, is it real or a fake message? I'm very curious to know this, do any of you know about this? U have any info on net to refer? :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2005, 12:41 PM
    Not true. Just Urban Legend. Wonder he gets his info.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Dec 10, 2005, 01:01 PM
    Not true
    Definitely not true, think about where your signal for your cell comes from and where the quake is happening one is in the air and the other is under the ground. It would be nice if it did happen that way if every ones cell phone went out at once we would know they are coming and 100 minutes would at least give you some time to at least get a distance away from the epicenter of the quake.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you tell me why earth has gravity [ 9 Answers ]

Can you tell me why earth has garvity and why earth rotates

Google Earth [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Google earth plans to upgrade the resolution of itīs satellite images in the many areas that are currently at lower resolution?

Earth and Mars [ 3 Answers ]

If Earth were about the mass of Mars, but remained in the same orbitit is in today, what would the Earth be like today? :confused:

Age of the Earth... [ 2 Answers ]

Explain the evidence for the age of Earth and why the oldest expected rocks will probably never be found.

View more questions Search