Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    little t Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 06:01 AM
    Monitor flashes "no signal" when computer is turned on
    I installed a new power supply and now my monitor will not come on. It quickly flashes,
    "no signal" once then nothing. Everything worked fine until the power supply went out.
    IowaGuy Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 12:08 PM
    When replaced the computers power supply, you might not have reconnected th cable that connects the monitor to the video card.

Also, when you opened your computer, you might have unseated the video card.

I would suggest reseating the video cable 1st. If that does not correct it, open the case and reseat the video card, this is assuming the video card is not built in to the mbd.
    flamingo1234 Posts: 75, Reputation: -1

Dec 5, 2007, 02:30 PM
    Did u see if the cable connecting the moniter to the tower is connected at both ends? This happened to me once with my friends computer, and mine. Just slap the moniter a few times (after u check the cable!! ) that should fix it. If u still can't fix it, call GEEK SQUAD or FIREDOG.:)
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 5, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by little t
    I installed a new power supply and now my monitor will not come on.
    By the way, I believe this topic is intended for questions about human-to-human Communication... that's why it's under Business & Careers... this probably should have been posted in

Home > Computers & Technology » Hardware

Vasily

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"No Signal" on Monitor; PC power on but not booting up [ 5 Answers ]

I have a PC I built about 6 months ago that I've never had any problems with. Now when I turn it on I get "no signal" on my monitor. The problem is not the monitor though... the PC does not give any "beeps" or show signs of booting up... though the lights are on, all components seem to be...

Monitor starts up until after windows xp loading then says "no Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, last night my friend came round with his laptop an we watched a film using my monitor. I turned off my computer, unplugged the monitor an plugged it into his laptop, we watched the film fine, he went home. Next day in the morning I went to turn my comuter on, it loaded up until just after the...

Monitor displays "No Signal" [ 1 Answers ]

My monitor is showing "No Signal". I have checked the obvious things like power etc. I've also attached a friends monitor (which I know definitely works ok) and get the same thing. There is definitely power to the tower but I did notice that the power indicator light on the tower was a...

Computer is on, But Monitor display "No signal" [ 5 Answers ]

I am running on Window 2000 Professional OS, When I not touch the computer for 10 or 20 minutes(the time is not fixed), the monitor goes off and display "no signal". Then I cannot do anything except turn the computer off by press the computer power button. When I turn on the computer again,...

Monitor not working "No Signal" [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Daewoo HL710S LCD Monitor that is Plug & Play and DDC 1, 2B (whatever that means) It works fine with a Dell computer running Windows 2000 Professional. I am now trying to hook it up to a Compaq Evo (D51S) that has Windows XP Professional All I get is a “No Signal” message on the...

View more questions Search