Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sianara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2007, 01:19 AM
    Unable to meow properly
    My cat is an 11 year old pure siamese. Recently she has been unable to meow properly. Almost like she has something blocking her throat. She is eating normally although she has always been a very fussy eater.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 01:23 AM
    Older cats often kind of "lose" their meows. Cats only meow to humans, they use growls, howls, grunts, and other noises to communicate amongst themselves usually, so it's not as if she's unable to communicate anymore. Unless she seems to be suffering or in pain, I don't see mych reason to worry. Just pay special attention to her since she's having a hard time communicating with YOU.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
    I'd be in for a vet check, myself. I'd hate to find out later that there was something physically wrong that could have been fixed.
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 08:22 PM
    Yeha if you're concerned don't hesitate to take her to the vet, but it is common for older cats to stop meowing properly.
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Dec 6, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Some siamese cats have narrow nasal passages,but with the cats age,a visit with the vet would clear up your questions.You may ask your vet to run a simple health profile,which is a blood test,to see if you cat may be developing a disease of one of her vital organs.Cats kidneys are usually an organ that may develop changes with old age.The bloodwork is not usually very expensive,and would make you feel more at ease about the condition of your cat's health.:)
    uhhleesha Posts: 105, Reputation: 21

Dec 8, 2007, 09:44 AM
    My cat is like that. Mylo almost sounds as if he's barking.

If you're really worried you should take him to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not flushing properly [ 3 Answers ]

A plumber just changed the hardware inside the toilet. But now when I flush it seems that the water starts to go down and stops. You have to hold the handle down to get a full flush. When I called the plumber he said its because these new toilets don't hold as much water as the old one, but he...

Not cycling properly [ 2 Answers ]

My fan and gas shuts off after only a few minutes in the heating cycle and restarts again shortly, only to shut off again... and so on. I think it's the fan limit switch but don't know if I should replace it or try adjusting the limit. Any advice??

Does she want to try properly again or not? [ 8 Answers ]

WARNING! LONG POST! My first post on these forums... What the title of the thread says, basically. I'm asking if my ex actually wants a relationship with me again. A lot has happened between me and my ex. The reason why we split up was because she couldn't trust me. Your first...

View more questions Search