Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miykle Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Dec 4, 2007, 11:26 PM
    Automatic Updates MS.

G'day ;
    MS. automatic updates will not install, but if I download and install them manually all is OK, is there any help out there??
    Using Windows XP SP 2
    Trendmicro anti virus plus Spybot search and destroy.
    Blessings <M>
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 01:10 AM
    Sorry I can't answer your question except to say... XP sucks? Nobody agrees with me. But, I can say it.
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Have you checked update option ?

Right click my computer->property->automatic updates
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2007, 07:41 AM
    I have seen this on computers that MS has deemed to have pirated operating systems. Have you received any notice of this? Keep in mind that false positives are not uncommon.
    miykle Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Dec 6, 2007, 01:41 PM
    :) G'Day;
    Thank you all so much for the time you have taken to answer;
    I haven't received any notice about a pirated version or any thing like that, I actually bought the disc from a reputable supplier and is "registered" (?) with Microsoft, the updates arrive, that little icon appears at the bottom right of the screen, click on it and go through the routine, then notice comes up "xxxxx did not install" so I go to the download site, find the KBxxxxxx and download and install it myself and all is well?? so frustrating.
    Many blessings <M>

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Updates [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: I woke up to an icon that told me I needed to update something to do with Logiteck. K. That could be my mouse or my cam, or maybe even something else. So, I did it. How would I even determine IF the update request came from Logiteck? Could it be a trojan horse? Could it be from...

Do I need Norton Updates? [ 2 Answers ]

Do I really need Norton set to update automatically? My computer has really slowed down. Wouldn't updating once a week manually when I don't need to be online be OK?

Security updates [ 1 Answers ]

After checking the add & remove program section of my PC, I found a lot of security updates downloaded by MSN. Some were called "Hotfix"? The strange thing is that they are downloaded only on my settings and not my wife's or administrator sections. Why are these programs being downloaded without...

Updates [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem. I ran the windows update and got the security update KB826939 and a day or so later I received the same message that this update was needed again. I looked in my installed updates and noticed I have a total of 8 security updates with this same number KB826939.They were all...

View more questions Search