Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TS804 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2005, 09:33 AM
    Love or comfort?
    Hi! My name is Tracy (8-4-83). I have been with my boyfriend greg (3-15-84) now for about 2 1/2 years. I have known him for almost 10 years. He was my first boyfriend/kiss when I was 13 years old. He is so wonderful, and I do love him very much, and often see us being together forever. But I also at times wonder if he really is the one for me, or if I am just settling because of how comfortable we are together. There are so many things about him that drive me crazy! And I'm sure the same goes for him. But I guess that's how all long term relationships are. I am a very serious student, (I plan on going to pharmacy school), and have been on my own w/o help from my parents since I was 18. He is 21 and still lives at home, and still struggling to make it through community college. Sometimes when I go out and meet new interesting men I am sometimes dissapointed that I have to say... "i'm sorry but i have a boyfriend." But then other times I'm so glad we're together and wouldn't change a thing for the world. He is moving in with me sometime within the next year. Is this a mistake, or will it stregthen our relationship? Should I start to consider maybe exploring other options before it's too late, and we're engaged or something, or should I just be grateful for the love we share?
    Thank you for any advice you can give me,
    Tracy
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 10, 2005, 11:58 AM
    Honey get away from this man. Jeeze louise.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Dec 10, 2005, 12:41 PM
    Is it comfort or is it love?
    It is hard to ask people you do not know for advice, because you have no idea who you are asking. Most people here are really good. What I can tell you is that you are the only one that knows you. Think about how you feel.

• Are you happy with him?
    • Do you love him?
    • I hate to ask, but is he a bum?
    • Does he have a plan for his future?
    • Do you have a plan for your future?

I am not telling you to settle for what you have, but there are a lot of jerks out there. So consider what you have and what you think you will find. Is it comfort or is it love? I think they go hand in hand. Right now I think you are both just trying to get done with your schooling. You have the rest of your life to find the perfect match. Don’t rush it. If anything you don’t have time to try to make a new relationship work while you are trying to complete schooling. Slow down and enjoy life. Don’t try to figure out every thing at once.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 10, 2005, 01:12 PM
    Love or comfort?
    Hats off to at least trying to think ahead before you make a mind changing decision.Personaly the questions you raised can only be answered by you.What jumped out at me was you are in school and living independently while your older b/f is still at home struggling. This says volumes to me about the differences between the two of you.Also will he be able to carry his own weigh or will you have to shoulder the burden.I know you love this man and I'm glad your dealing with the relationship with eyes wide open so I suggest you loook around on your own to see if this is the guy you really want or check out what the world has to offer.Its so good like I say that you have decided to weigh your option instead of rushing into a situation you might regret later.Good luck to you. :cool:
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 10, 2005, 04:00 PM
    HI, Tracy. I should probably explain my answer. I read your post and what I read did not impress metoo much. I think you are doing your best with school and all that but I think this moving in thing is a bit too soon. If he's struggling what does that mean you are going to support all by yourself. I don't think so honey. Get what ever it is you are going to school taken care of, graduate, get you a job. Don't be in such a rush. Not claiming to be sycic but maybe you are settling? Don't know but It just doesn't feel right to me. If you rush off and do this thing so soon then something bad is coming from it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Love [ 7 Answers ]

Could anyone tell me what they defination is on love?

In love [ 2 Answers ]

I have been friends with this guy for about 1 year now and we have become really close. At the beginning of our realtaionship I was very much attracted to him, and I told him. But at the time he did not like me in that manner. After a while I was told by his best friend that he had strong feelings...

Looking for love? [ 1 Answers ]

It has been a while since my last serious relationship. I miss my ex so much that I have begun to think about him a lot more these days. Its weird that I am constantly seeing people that remind me of him. Whenever I went out I would somehow bump into him or someone that knew him. For a while I...

What is love? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm confused I don't what I feel for him, so I have some question.. What is love? How you tell if you really love that person and is not just a crush? What's a crush? How can you tell if he's the right one?

Saying I Love you... [ 23 Answers ]

The closer Pete and I get the more I fall for him. I have wanted to say "I love you" to him for a couple of weeks now. It nearly came out last night but I stopped myself. He has told me he misses me when I go home at night and I told him I felt the same, he has also told me I am the best...

View more questions Search