Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    commishh Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Co-op shares
    I need advice about my shares being taken away by the corporation. We were in a court battle spanning about 7 years. The dispute is over money, as usual. I requested proof of their claim(s) against me. I got no answer. I asked my attorney to look into the matter. Apparently he hasn't. Needless to say ,I'm looking to file a complaint against hi. The opposition has not notified me of any court dates. The last communication with the co-op was December 2006, when another shareholder informed me that the acting president told a group of shareholders the corporation would assume all rights to my shares, enter my unit and storage space --well assume ownership of my apartment.

What should be my next step?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Hello commishh:

I don't know. There's a few holes that need filling in.

In SEVEN years time, the only thing that has occurred during this lawsuit is that you requested proof of your claim and got no answer??

In SEVEN years time, you have no idea whether your attorney did anything??

In SEVEN years time, you have never been to court??

ONE full year ago, you HEARD that they were going to take your property??

These events are the ONLY things that happened?? I don't think so. Something ain't right here...

First thing is to FIRE your attorney.

Next?? I don't know. What would I do if a bunch of crazies told me that they're going to own my house?? I'd just kind of laugh at them and go on about my business.

In this country, people can't take stuff like that away from other people. They just can't.

Apparently, NOTHING has happened with this lawsuit in SEVEN years time. IF anything ever does, hire a lawyer.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 5, 2007, 07:19 AM
    The corporation cannot just take back your shares without legal action. When you purchased the shares they were transferred to your name. You should have the certificates.

What is this dispute about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shares valuation [ 1 Answers ]

Value the debenture at 31 December 1991? Nominal value: R1 Interest at 15% per annum payable on 31 December each year Redeemable at 20% premium on 31 December 1999 Fair rate of return: 10%

Shares certificate [ 3 Answers ]

Up to what extent does the clause "transfer of these certificate is restricted" applicable?

Shares applied for and shares alloted [ 2 Answers ]

I am a bit confused - the following is a question in my assignment: Xx Ltd was registered on 1 Jan with a capital of R80 000, divided into 10 000 5% preff shares @ R2.00 each, and 30 000 ordinary shares of R2.00 each. Preff shares were fully subscribed and duly allotted, but only 25 000 ordinary...

66% shares [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I owned the 66% of one company Can I sell this company even when the guy that owned the other 33 % does not want to? Florida company

View more questions Search