Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dark Alchemist Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 07:49 PM
    How do i wire in a digital thermostat?
    Hello, I have a question.

How do I wire in a digital thermostat as my current thermostat's (Nordyne 914832) wiring is y g r o w2 c and I purchased every model Home Depot had (up to the $8x.00 ones) and when I tried wiring up the way the instructions said I had either (depending on which model) heat, heat + emergency heat, heat but no aux/emergency heat, or I had the A/C. Is there some jumper in the PC board of the old stat I can't see? I did the R to r+rc jumper as well as the E jumper on the Honeywell since mine does not have E nor anymore wires for it. Nothing changed so the wife and I finally gave up deciding to ask on the net since this is not my first stat I ever installed but it is the beast from hades so for.

Thanks for any help given.

Dec 5, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Anyone? Before someone says anything I had seen the other similar question as my own but I do not have an E hookup, as I said, and no stat I tried worked using the instructions that came in it. I know I have installed at least 5 heat/ac stats before but this pita one is not cooperating.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Have you got just a furnace and a/c? Or do you have hear pump and furnace?

Dec 5, 2007, 09:24 PM
    I have a heat pump + electric "emergency heat" and AC. I just couldn't get all three to work with any model I tried.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 10:27 PM
    You may need to identify whether with the reversing valves energized you get heating or cooling. Then program the thermostat accordingly. One way to find out is to post the brand and model and let somebody here look it up.

Checking edit feature.

Dec 5, 2007, 11:11 PM
    Nordyne 914832 is what works 100% but is of the mercury type and the most sophisticated model (and most expensive) I tried was the Honeywell RTH7400D (I hated this stat the most but it worked the most of all the ones I tried).

The unit is a Nordyne E2EB-012H.

Dec 7, 2007, 07:13 AM
    I checked on the sites for each company and no go so I wonder if anyone is able to help me with the information I provided?

Dec 8, 2007, 04:32 PM
    I guess not but thank you all for what help you tried to give me. :)
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2007, 08:11 PM
    Sorry you aren't getting a good answer. I haven't seen much of our better people here lately. I have left most of the questions in this forum go since some good people joined in the last year. Where about all your newer furnace-A/C, systems work the same, heat pumps have more variation.

You may have to rat this one out yourself. Northern heat has been AWOL since mid October, bu the left behind a great sticky, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...tml#post268211
    If you go to your air handler and see what colors of wires are connected to W, Y2, AUX, etc. and connect the same wires to the same terminals of the thermostat, and then select the right mode, you might one of the thermostats to work. Maybe choose the one with the best instruction manual.

Dec 9, 2007, 01:16 AM
    Well, I know I tried that on all of them. I am not familiar with heat pumps at all as I have never had one in my entire life. Not having one I was surprised to see blue connected to C and green (with a G terminal never used) used as O. I read the colors on a heat pump doesn't matter so I just wired them up the same.

One thing is I never had any of them work until I put in a jumper for the E which wasn't even connected to my original stat.

Oh W isn't even on the original stat if that matters only W2 which is why I wonder if this stat is doing jumpers via the PCB.

Jan 3, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Just bumping this up to see if anyone came back yet and can help with this (the holidays people seem to vanish).
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 07:52 AM
    What terminals and wiire colors do you have at the air handler, and what do you have on the thermostat you are trying to make work now?

It helps if we know what you have.

Jan 3, 2008, 02:58 PM
    The thermostat side I mentioned in the beginning of the thread as well as the colors of the wires but what the terminals are on the air handler I do not know.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2008, 03:22 PM
    If you open the panel to expose the filters in theair handler, usually you have the cable from the thermostat going to a circuit board. We need that info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Upgrade our 2 wire thermostat to digital? [ 36 Answers ]

We have a thermostat that only has 2 wires, red and white coming out of the wall, and we want to change it to a digital thermostat with slots of W2, G, E, Y, C, B O, R or we also have a unit that has slots W1, G, Y, C, B, O, R So my question is this: Are we able to use either of the 2 new...

How do I wire in a digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My thermostat wiring is y g r o w2 e c .the new wiring is c g y o/b rc r aux e l . Can someone tell me how to wire it. I'm trying to wire in a honeywell digital thermostat. Model rth7400 my current therm is a nordyne 914832. Please help

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Replacing old 5-wire 120v thermostat to Digital [ 1 Answers ]

Wow- what an awesome resource this site is... I am glad I found it. Ok... I have an old HoneyWell 5 wire, line voltage, 120v thermostat (T651E 1000 8049), which runs the HVAC air/heat system in my condo. It is broken, and I would like to replace it with a digital thermostat, but I can't...

Replace T87F thermostat with digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My T87F has two wires Red and White. No code indicating how to connect to the new digital on.

View more questions Search