Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dancer0530 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Lose Weight, Gain Muscle the healthy way.
    Aloha,
    My name is Grace from Hawaii, and I was wondering
    If anyone had a good way to lose weight and gain
    Muscle at the same time... the healthy way.

My area of work requires a fit body, well only
    If you require success. I just want to feel good
    About the way I look. Can anyone help?

Athlete Diet?

Mahalo!
    *Grace*
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:35 PM
    I would have thought exercise was an obvious answer,
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Have to spread some rep Albear

Not all exercises are created equal and some of the simplest ones are even too hard for some people like me.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Yeah, not a very popular senior am I,lol,
    But still tain into account that ome exercises might not be right for what dncer wants to achieve, thre are many different and varying types that I'm sure they could find a routine of some sort that would suit their needs.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:09 PM
    The two sites I posted have the differences and what works best for what you are trying to accomplish. I need the oxygen enhancing ones and the toning and burst is best for us older people.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    The two sites I posted have the differences and what works best for what you are trying to accomplish. I need the oxygen enhancing ones and the toning and burst is best for us older people.
    Yea, I know, I was just expressing my opinion that I thought exercise was an obvious solution to dancers question, promting them to post that either they have a 'problem' with exercise.
    By the way, I'm not that old thank you.
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:21 PM
    I am---old
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 07:19 PM
    Eating right, will fuel your body for any exercise or workouts, so proper nutrition goes hand in hand with exercise. You want to make sure you eat enough protein with each meal, protein helps build and maintain muscle, as well as help you burn fat. Protein elevates your metabolism. Lean meats, fish, veggies, fruits beans, legumes, nuts and seeds, Low fat dairy like skim or low fat milk, cheese and yogurt will help your raise your metabolism, along with burning body fat. DOn't forget to take supplements/multivitamins and minerals, Cutting out all process foods and high fructose will help you, drinks lots of water throughout the day and work out for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week, use different exercises, aerobics, restistance/weight training, biking, walking, jogging swimming, changing the order once a week. It is possible to gain weight in the first few weeks after you start exercising, because your gaining muscle mass, (2-3 lbs), The other change is a increase in blood volume, muscles need a bigger supply of oxygen in order to maintain the workout, so expect the unexpected, it's all for the good, in the end. Working out with weights will increase your lean body mass which raises your resting metabolic rate, when you speed up your metabolism your burn more body fat. Eat natural foods, whole grains, lean protein, veggies, fruits,-- low fat, sugar, sodium.
    Santi Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 15, 2007, 08:32 PM
    High quality coconut oil. 2 T per day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I gain muscle but stay in my weight class? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I wrestle for high school 103 weight class I want to get stronger but I'm really lazy. I love to wrestle and want to get better and stronger but stay in my weight class PLEASE HELP! Any tips?

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Dog is underweight - What is the healthy way to get her to gain some weight? [ 14 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Boxer. She is a fantastic dog. However, I am concerned that she is underweight. From the day we got her, she has not been food motivated. Initially, I tried the feed her 3 times a day and only leave it out for 15 minutes. The theory goes that they will learn that the food...

Gain muscle and fat? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I gain muscle without losing fat? I'm 5'6 and 114 lbs. Is there a way to have both?

Muscle Gain [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 16yrs old, 113 lbs, and 5'2, I lift weights and I have not seen any real significant results and I have been doing it for about 4 months now, I am changing my diet, but what types of meals should you eat? Also I want to get rid of love handles and also build up my biceps, etc.

View more questions Search