Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brad_keisha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 01:27 PM
    HCG levels
    My wife is around 6 weeks pregant-her HCG level is 3200 as of yesterday. We would like to know if this is normal or do we need to worry about a miscarrage? She has be bleeding for the past 3 days in small amounts-the doctor can not find anything wrong. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE SOME GOOD ADVICE!!
    Thank you
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
    The normal hCG level for non-pregnant women is less than 5mlU/ml.

Here is the scale

Less than 1 week pregnant = 5-50
    2 weeks = 50 - 500
    3 weeks 100 - 10,000
    4 weeks 1,000 - 30,000
    5 weeks 3,500 - 115,000
    6 - 8 weeks 12,000 - 270,000
    12 weeks 15,000 - 220,000

It seems as though your wife is in the normal range of hCG levels.

Bleeding however, can be a danger signal, or it can be entirely normal. I would suggest that you do not have sex until the bleeding has stopped as it can possibly be a sign of a threatened miscarriage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hcg levels? [ 2 Answers ]

Confused I am 19 days post ovulation and I had a blood test to check for pregnancy and I got the results today they said I have a hcg level of 4 and to come and be re tested in 5 days,I am confused am I pregnant or not? I thought any hcg under 5 was a negative? So why the need to retest,is it...

Gcse and a-levels [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know whether we should have a-level or gcse for applying to uniz like ucla or... Or just a-level is enough

PH Levels [ 2 Answers ]

I'm wondering if there is a herbal alternative for balancing the PH levels in the body - Mine appear to go out of sync at various times - During which all the mucous in my body becomes so caustic that it burns the membranes in all orifices causing considerable discomfort - This can last for 1 week...

Ceilings different levels [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed a wall that was separating my livingroom and my kitchen and now they are two different levels. My kitchen is about a inch lower than the living room.my kitchen is drywall and my living room is ceiling tile how could I join the two rooms without building a header to go over it

Levels of degrees [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me the difference of 1st 2nd and 3rd BS honour degree please. Is a 3rd OK or bad. Jobwise is it so terrible in the interview to say you have a 3rd will you be taken seriously

View more questions Search