Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Dec 4, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Best RTS games for the PC
    Hey guys/gals,

I have been trying to get my hands on a kick-a$$ RTS games for the PC for some time but most I play are meh! Any suggestions??

OH, I love all the Age of Empires but I've played em' to the death. I did not like the Medievil Total war titles (including Rome YAWN!) and I'm no fan of warcraft, that'll make it a bit harder. OH, I already have command and conquer, its aight but nothing that keeps me glued.

Thanks in advance:)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Try the Dawn Of War series,

Dec 4, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Dawn of war eh? I'll scope that for sure, thanks dude. I've been looking for soooo long.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Trust me its an awesome series,
    Only 3 sofar with a 4th on the way soon
    Dawn of war, dawn of war : winter assault, dawn of war : dark crusade,

Dec 4, 2007, 01:37 PM
    I JUST looked it up on EB Games and check this. I went there last week to get it, although I called it warhammer not dawn of war cause I guess I'm an idiot. NEVERTHELESS, I asked the guy how many there were in the series and he said 3 or something but then mentioned they are not very good, which surprised me cause everyone said get that. Like a tool I asked what he thought was good andhe told me command and conquer. What a dork!

Thanks again!
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    I JUST looked it up on EB Games and check this. I went there last week to get it, although I called it warhammer not dawn of war cause I guess i'm an idiot. NEVERTHELESS, I asked the guy how many there were in the series and he said 3 or something but then mentioned they are not very good, which surprised me cause everyone said get that. Like a tool i asked what he thought was good andhe told me command and conquer. What a dork!

Thanks again!
    Its all right, although if you just called it 'warhammer' , OK yes its based on the table top game but another rts game also based on the warhammer fantasy is 'mark of chaos' which is utter sh1te, maybe he thought you meant that one,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 4, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Of course you have missed one of the most classic series, that is Command and Conquer.
    Going for OVER 10 years!!
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 01:48 PM
    Of course command and conquer, sorry CB, another really good game, however I like the amount of detail that is in the dawn of war series, from the texture of the land and the men, to the finishing moves the way they are styled, C+C seems a bit too tame to me

Dec 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Sorry CurlyBen but if you re-read the postthan I do believe I mention Command and conquer, instead of warhammer (S**T), DAWN OF WAR I got the 12 command and conquer games (it was a bundle:)).. Likei said,its aight but I want skirmishes (sp?) I don't like campaigns, I want to start with nothing and build armies, Age of Empires was andstill is myfavorite, anything like that and ihave no worries:)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Albear, which one are you comparing with DoW as C&C 3 kicks bottom on the graphics side and the game play rocks.

BMI, C&C has a massive skirmish part to it and a huge fan base creating maps for it.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Sorry CurlyBen but if you re-read the postthan I do beleive I mention Command and conquer, instead of warhammer (S**T), DAWN OF WAR I got the 12 command and conquer games (it was a bundle:)).. Likei said,its aight but I want skirmishes (sp?) I don't like campaigns, i wanna start with nothing and build armies, Age of Empires was andstill is myfavorite, anything like that and ihave no worries:)
    Eh, dawn of war kiks Ar$e and warhammer is not s**t, the detail on the models is immense.

CB sorry my experience of the CC series is limited to the old red alert 2, so yea I guess it would have evolved since then

Dec 4, 2007, 02:01 PM
    DONE albear, I'm going to get it tomorrow. I checked screenshots and asked myself why don't I have this game??

Thanks a lot albear, I got lots of time at work and games are what keep me awake and not thinking about ex's LOL!
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 02:05 PM
    DONE albear, I'm gonna get it tommorrow. I checked screenshots and asked myself why don't i have this game???

Thanks alot albear, i got lots of time at work and games are what keep me awake and not thinking about ex's LOL!
    Yeah, a little nag at the 3rd install meant though, you can only play as 2 of the 7 races, WHEN PLAYING ONLINE, if you play by yourself you can play as all 7, but if you want to play as the first 4 online you need the first game, or as the 5th you need the second game, they are such huge games though, plus I like it when the squads get within a certain range they put their guns away and go close combat its awesome.

Dec 4, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Not much of an online playa. But from what you describe I'm all over this. I like big fights and hell yeah make them look cool and proper. Plus I like different races,that's why I love the ages, different units and stuff.
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Not much of an online playa. But from what you describe I'm all over this. I like big fights and hell yeah make them look cool and proper. Plus i like different races,thats why i love the ages, different units and stuff.
    Yea AOE is a decent game and I too like the fact of different styles of units and different attributes

If your not so bothered about the online content then I would recommend dow:dark crusade, the 3rd one, because in skirmish you can play as all of the races, and have matches with up to 8 different teams on one map,

Lol, I like having persistent bodies and scaring so that I can see all the dead, and all the places that have been hit by tank shells and the like, (that makes me sound quite sadistic doesn't it,)
    It actually puts quite a perspective on how big the battle was

Dec 4, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Last Question albear, should I buy all three, load them all up and rock it OR go one at a time?
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Last Question albear, should i buy all three, load em all up and rock it OR go one at a time?
    Like I said I my last post but it was an edit::, if your not that bothered about the online playing then go for the 3rd one, dark crusade, because you can still play as all the races , but by yourself in skirmish

Dec 4, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Perfect,thanks a million. As for the sadistic part? Damn right you want to see the scope,how else would they know we were there? LOL! Thanks
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Perfect,thanks a million. As for the sadistic part? Damn right you wanna see the scope,how else would they know we were there? LOL! thanx
    s'all right ,anymore questions post them or pm me

Dec 4, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Will do my man!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

PC games [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know of any PC games that play similar to that of Myst, Riven, MystIII? I love the "flow" of these games but can not find any others like them. Also, I need suggestions on any adventure PC games that are good... thanks

Pc Games [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I know that if you buy PS2 games and you live in Europe they won't work, because Europe is PAL Colour and USA is NTSC. But is it the same with PC Games?

No more games. [ 71 Answers ]

Hello All, For the past 2 years I have been in a long distance relationship with a lovely lady whom I adored. At times our relationship was really tough despite all the wonderful moments that we had had togther. (It was tough because obviously we didn't get to see each other as much as we would...

Looking For Games Tp Try [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently been looking into some new pc games to try out, I have enjoyed virtual villagers and pet doctor but I know there is more out there but dont know where to begin looking. Can someone list me some games or game companies I can check out, with no specific rating because I am 22 and...

Pc games [ 1 Answers ]

Well basically I have to make a game on the PC well I am not sure what software I could use U ma not an expert so preferably an easy software Thank you so much:)

View more questions Search