Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

Jan 4, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Try World in Conflict, not a bad game, yea and also some of the new command and conquer series like generals is not to bad to. Supreme Commando is up there two as a good game.

If this Helped rate it.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Jan 4, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Thanks man.

I've played C&C, its aight. I heardworld in conflict is good, but I like to play with a lot of different armies. Like I said, my favorite game is age of empires, I dig anything like that.

Jan 4, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Did you try any of the Star Wars Empire at War or Galactic Battleground ones that are like age of empires, there also dawn of war.

Also if you want to go that way there LOTR Battle for middle Earth One and Two.

Also there Starcraft, and Emperor Battle for Dune

Jan 4, 2008, 11:38 AM
    I heard things about the star wars series, but there areso many that idon't know where to start?

Dawn of war I have, I hated warcraft so I'm not sure starcraft is any better, andthelord of therings I have not heard much of.

Jan 4, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Well there a lot there and if that helped rate it.
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 4, 2008, 01:07 PM
    All right BMI I see where you're coming from and honestly, I agree with the fact that a good rts has to have alotta cool races. I've come across some diverse games and some that came up are, rise of legends, universe at war, (of course) all four dawn of war games (dawn of war, winter assault, dark crusade, and soulstorm), but a new up coming game looks so intense for me its called spore and its coming out September 7th 2008, and one last game would definitely be company of heroes, and company of heroes:opposing fronts. I hope I helped
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Alright BMI i see where youre coming from and honestly, i agree with the fact that a good rts has to have alotta cool races. ive come across some diverse games and some that came up are, rise of legends, universe at war, (of course) all four dawn of war games (dawn of war, winter assault, dark crusade, and soulstorm), but a new up coming game looks so intense for me its called spore and its coming out september 7th 2008, and one last game would definitly be company of heroes, and company of heroes:opposing fronts. i hope i helped
    Agreed I can't wait to get spore for the wii in November hopefully

Apr 4, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Thanks guest.

Never heard of rise of legends. I'm done with dawn of war,kind of got repetative. I have heard about company of heroes but I'm put off by being only able to use 2 sides. I like games where you can be all kinds of different units, like Age of Empires (I should work for them).
    Hi-End Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 5, 2008, 01:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BMI
    Hey guys/gals,

I have been trying to get my hands on a kick-a$$ RTS games for the PC for some time but most I play are meh! Any suggestions???

OH, I love all the Age of Empires but i've played em' to the death. I did not like the Medievil Total war titles (including Rome YAWN!) and i'm no fan of warcraft, that'll make it a bit harder. OH, i already have command and conquer, its aight but nothing that keeps me glued.

Thanks in advance:)

You need to get Rise of Nations! This game has the best hot keys, easy upgrade navigation (TAB key is awesome and will be the most used key!), and game-play I've seen in any RTS game!

Apr 5, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Hey hi-end,

Thanks for the suggestion but I already played it:( (Man I need a real job eh!) It was good, one of the best I've played in terms of rts.
    newhrus Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2008, 05:37 PM
    try stronghold crusader or stronghold 2 I have both and they are pretty good

plus they both come with map creator tool

ps stronghold crusader graphics=starcraft
    stronghold 2 graphics=starwars empire at war graphics... roughly

Jul 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Thanks man. To update I've played the company of heroes set. I like it but its really hard and does not have massive battles. I mention that because I was hoping this thread wasn't finished, I am always interested in trying out new RTS games. Of all the helpful suggestions so far I still think Age of Empires is the best series. Prove me wrong.
    Fiddlestfamily Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader,Dawn of War, Battlefield 1942, or Hobbit
    newhrus Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlestfamily
    Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader,Dawn of War, Battlefield 1942, or Hobbit
    For once someone agrees with me :)
    Andrew916 Posts: 182, Reputation: 33

Jul 23, 2008, 11:15 AM
    A lot of people seem to think that Starcraft is an amazing game but I've never played it so I can't really tell you... I'd check it out though. I used to play PC games but now I'm an Xbox360 owner. Woot woot! There's always Civilization as well. It's fun and I enjoyed it.
    nsimpkins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 01:57 PM
    My favorite RTS games like you've described are:

1. Rise of Nations (With Thrones and Patriots expansion)
    2. EE2...

So, yeah... Try RoN. Without the expansion it's fun still... But it has a few less nations (including the Americans)

Aug 29, 2008, 07:50 AM
    Thanks for the update man. I recently re-visited Total War even though I bashed it earlier, it's aight. What's this ruckus about Spore? People been talking about it since the beginning of the year and I'm still not sure what it is exactly. Seems cartoonish, make a race and guide them through life I guess. Any fighting?
    411Help Posts: 428, Reputation: 103

Sep 9, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Warcraft III, The Frozen Throne.
    bluesaxon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2008, 02:43 AM
    Above all STARCRAFT! Very very good
    Mmm also stronghold > stronghold: crusader --- stronghold has much better storytelling than crusader.
    Fab1987 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 10:35 AM

Starcraft is widely considered the best RTS of all time, at least top 3 anyway.

Warcraft 3 is very good.

If you like AOE then Age of Mythology is worth checking out.

One favourite of mine was Total Annihilation: Kingdoms. Excellent game despite some of the poor reviews it got.

Also, check out these lists...

GameSpy.com - Top 10
    Top Ten Best RTS Games - Top Ten List

And...

Civilization 2, Colonization, Alpha Centauri, Age of Empires, Age of Empires 2, the Caesar series, Pharaoh, Outpost, Master of Orion and Master of Magic, Jagged Alliance series, Incubation, Shadow Watch, and Abomination: The Nemesis Project

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

PC games [ 10 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know of any PC games that play similar to that of Myst, Riven, MystIII? I love the "flow" of these games but can not find any others like them. Also, I need suggestions on any adventure PC games that are good... thanks

Pc Games [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I know that if you buy PS2 games and you live in Europe they won't work, because Europe is PAL Colour and USA is NTSC. But is it the same with PC Games?

No more games. [ 71 Answers ]

Hello All, For the past 2 years I have been in a long distance relationship with a lovely lady whom I adored. At times our relationship was really tough despite all the wonderful moments that we had had togther. (It was tough because obviously we didn't get to see each other as much as we would...

Looking For Games Tp Try [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently been looking into some new pc games to try out, I have enjoyed virtual villagers and pet doctor but I know there is more out there but dont know where to begin looking. Can someone list me some games or game companies I can check out, with no specific rating because I am 22 and...

Pc games [ 1 Answers ]

Well basically I have to make a game on the PC well I am not sure what software I could use U ma not an expert so preferably an easy software Thank you so much:)

View more questions Search