Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niwknog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Black forest christmas tradition
    Hi can anyone help me answer this question IN THE BLACK FOREST AREA IN GERMANY RELIGIOUS FAMILIES LAY AN EXTRA PLACE AT THE CHRISTMAS TABLE WHO IS IT FOR? Would be grateful if anyone could answer this for me.Thanks;)
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 05:19 AM
    The table always has one extra place-setting for the deceased family members, whose souls, according to belief, come on Christmas Eve and partake of the food.
    niwknog Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 05:54 AM
    WOW thank you very much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Join me and lets all get in to that little black dress for christmas [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm starting the slimming world weight loss plan today. I've done it before and it really did work for me. I'm 9st 7. AND WOULD LIKE TO GET DOWN TO 8st 8. I was just wondering if anyone else would like to join me. We could give each other tips and really motivate each other. I am aiming to loose...

Jewish Tradition: [ 2 Answers ]

Christian tradition views sin as an enslavement rather than something fun we are denied. Does the Jewish tradition view the Law as a gift from God as opposed to an option or curse? HANK :confused:

Captain Forest or Everyone [ 2 Answers ]

I've posted some question but still couldn't fine the answer. Can anyone help me?

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

View more questions Search