Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 1, 2004, 06:46 PM
    Re: Help Please -I was CHARGED as a Criminal.. 'd/c &b
    I tried to answer your post earlier but was unable to do so do so due to password problems. The local chapter of the Bar Association for your area should be able to tell you something about the attorney you have, at a minimun, whether that person is in good standing in the legal community.

Before you had an attorney, I was trying to provide you with a toll free number to the United Way "First Call for Help" Program. This program is a free referral service to those who have legal, family, medical, economic, employment or other problems that they are having difficulty dealing with. The number is 800-492-0618.
    I hope everything turns out well for you.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 2, 2004, 07:46 PM
    Re: Help Please -I was CHARGED as a Criminal.. 'd/c &b
    Thanks for your kind comments in response to my previous post.

It is obvious to me that the recommendation of a counselor should be the overriding factor in deciding how long a person should remain in counseling. An attorney suggesting that a person needs a certain amount of counseling is sort of like a baker suggesitng how to make shoes. The experts should prevail when it comes to making recommendtions to the court about such matters.

I used to be a DC police officer in the First District and let me say that whether you decide to plead guilty to disorderly conduct or not is of course your decision, but remember that when they say that your record will be expunged, they are talking about the conviction record, not the arrest record. In order for the arrest record to be expunged, a court must decide that there was no probable cause to charge you in the first place.

Also, if you are having domestic violence problems, I would suggest that you contact the local chapter or the House of Ruth or other similar agency. That United Way number I gave you previously can refer you to such agencies if you feel the need.

Again, all the best and I hope it all works out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Criminal History [ 7 Answers ]

I have been told that after a 10 year period - a person does not have to disclose their criminal history on employment applications. Can anyone confirm this statement.

Is your neighbor a criminal? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello: Do you think the government has any clue about what it does?? Recently, the state of Washington made playing online poker a felony. Yup – a class C felony, just like sex offenders. Now, I would like you to think about this for a minute. Here we have, let's say 1,000 ordinary...

Criminal background 12 yrs.ago... [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go back to school in the medical field; I'm offered job placements through where I graduated .Do I have to worry about possibility of rejection because of a past record-over 10yrs.ago?! I've been told it shouldn't be that big of a deal... but,I have concerns because school...

Credit Card Debts / Charged offs [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 credit cards which two of them already reported to CRA my account as R9 ( Charged off ). I was told by so many people that credit card companies after 180 - or 210 days after first delinquency they charge off the account. And turn the account usually to collection firms. I have contacted...

Charged w/ a crime [ 1 Answers ]

In order for these charges to "stick" the "victim" must enter a formal complaint and in some cases must be present in any and/or all hearings. You also have a legal right to know your accuser, it is part of due process... somewhere among this you must have an idea why and how this has happened. I...

View more questions Search