Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tabs424 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 09:53 PM
    Keep Wool Coat Clean?
    I have a black Anne Klein wool peacoat and I have a very difficult time keeping it clean. It attracts everything. It's just like white fuzz/lint/and occasionally cat hair. Does anyone know of how or something to use to keep it clean? I'm so tired of using the a lint roller on it every time I go to wear it.
    stella1949 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2008, 02:05 PM
    What is the answer to this question?
    summerdaze834 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Has anyone answered this question?? I have 2 wool coats, one black and one blue, they are both a pain in the butt to wear because of the lint, dog hair and I am so sick of using the lint roller.
    faithpr8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 11:23 AM
    I have a black wool coat also that was very expensive. I liked how it looked and didn't even think about the material. When I got home and wore it only for a few hours I noticed that everything like you said sticks to it. I started using 3 lint rollers when finally I thought enough is enough. I called numerous dry cleaners asking if there was some kind of treatment I could do to the coat to prevent this. The only thing they recommended was "shaving it" but I will still have to keep using a lint roller. My suggestion is buy those at home dry cleaning bags that they have so you don't have to constantly go to the dry cleaners but you will still have to lint roll it. Best yet, I recommend getting a new jacket that isn't made of wool. Lol
    dani214 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2010, 10:02 PM
    I know there are static guard sprays. Haven't used them myself so I'm not sure how well they work. There are electric lint removers too; some shave others vacuum. I think the shavers take too much material but if you have a lot of wear on the coat it can help. I got the vacuum when I got fed up with the rollers, such a pain. I wouldn't suggest a regular vacuum ha it'll probably put more lint on it. But who knows? Haven't tried it. The best policy is to hang it no matter where you are. As soon as you set it down it will instantly pick up dust. And those bags help if you won't be wearing it for a while. It's a high maintenance item but it just looks so good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Percentage of Wool [ 3 Answers ]

What Percentage of wool is needed in a wool blend to create the felting techniquE? Or must it be 100% wool?:confused: ;) :p :D :o :rolleyes:

Puppy coat [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone my name is Rene I am from Shubuta, MS I have a 8 week old pitbull puppy that has so kind skin problem his skin is very very dry and his hair on his face is starting to come off I asked the vet about it and he just said to stop shampooing him for a while and I have done that but it's...

Lead wool caulking [ 1 Answers ]

I read in another post that you can caulk with lead wool. Does this mean that after packing oakum in a joint, you then pack lead wool into that same joint (without any application of heat) and you are done?

Greasy coat? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a schnauzer/terrier cross. and she's about 4 years old. latley her fur has been overly greasy. my parents and i have usually just let it be seeing is how it wasn't very bad. but latley. as i said earlier, her coat is almost too greasy to touch. we give her top of the line mountian dog food....

Cashmere versus wool coats [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know, in layman terms, how much more effective a cashmere coat is, in keeping you warm for NY winter, compared to a good quality wool coat? I agree cashmere feels better on the skin, and light-weight, looks great etc, and am also interested to understand the strength of its core...

View more questions Search