Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aceofspades Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Cell phone charger positive negative
    I'm trying to use my old cell phone car charger for my cb radio. To do so, I need to fing out what is positive and what is negative. One of the wires are groved with a few indented lines going all the way down and the other is just flat, which is positive and which is negative? The non groved wire says on it in white lettering, SPT-2 E55351 18AWGX2C VW-1 UNICAB and a little further down is CSA TYPE SPT-2 LL34977 18AWGX2C FT2. If I hook up the positive to the negative and negative to positive, what will happen, will it wreck the cb, or the truck, or both? Will it fry something or will it spark or what? Just want to know so I can know to be very careful. Any help can help thank you.
    HAREENDRAN Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Dec 4, 2007, 06:52 AM
    Input supply with wrong polarity may damage your CB! You can identify the positive and negative leads of the charger supply cable by using a multimeter.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 4, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aceofspades
    im trying to use my old cell phone car charger for my cb radio. to do so, i need to fing out what is positive and what is negative. one of the wires are groved with a few indented lines going all the way down and the other is just flat, which is positive and which is negative? the non groved wire says on it in white lettering, SPT-2 E55351 18AWGX2C VW-1 UNICAB and a little further down is CSA TYPE SPT-2 LL34977 18AWGX2C FT2. if i hook up the positive to the negative and negative to positive, what will happen, will it wreck the cb, or the truck, or both? will it fry something or will it spark or what? just want to know so i can know to be very careful. any help can help thank you.
    Wiring the polarity incorrectly would take out the fuse that protects that circuit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Two positive pregnancy test one negative can I still be pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Last month I spotted just a little, I started feeling sick. Then this month I was a couple days late and I took a pregnancy test, it came back positive but it was a lite line. So I waited a week and took it again it was the same lite line. I was just about to make appointment and I started to spot....

Is this a positive or negative pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is stephanie I'm 18 years old as some of you guys already know me, but I took a pregnancy test a couple days ago in the morning and on the oval shape on the right there's a vertical line going down which means the test is working and on the circle shape on the left there's a dark line...

Cell phone battery charger [ 1 Answers ]

My Kyocera charger has started to flash red which indicates a FAULT. What does this mean? Is it dangerous to use? Other wise nothing has changed; same baterries; same phones, same wall socket?? PAT

Is it a positive or a negative? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok so I took a test today and the results said negative so I put it or the counter and walked away for a couple of hours when I came back it had a very light blue plus so does this mean a negative or a positive? I'm so confussed:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search