Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jm1985 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Bad Storm, Tree fell and hit my car
    There was a bad desert storm, I live in Arizona. I live in a townhouse and my car was parked in the lot. There was tree that had been dead for awhile now. During the storm, the tree fell and hit my car. It made a 4inch dent in the truck area, broke a taillight and broke a plastic piece from the rear of my car. I have a Geo Storm. I called the HOA and they said they would pay,but now they won't because the HOA has a 10,000 deductible. So I went the BBB so they will take care of it. The HOA sent a letter to the HOA stating that it is an issue for the owners of the townhouse, not the HOA. What do I do? This happened a few months ago and I don't know where to turn. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Talk to your insurance. Generally they will pay then go after the HOA. Or you can take the HOA to small claims court.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 07:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Talk to your insurance. Generally they will pay then go after the HOA. Or you can take the HOA to small claims court.

Wonder if uninsured Act of God would come in here?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 3, 2007, 07:54 PM
    First the BBB has no inforcement authority, all they can do is take a report of your claim and ask the other party to fix the problem.

You need to turn this over to your insurance and let them follow up on legal action.
    jm1985 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 07:56 PM
    Thank you for responding.I have homeowners insurance. Is this what your talking about?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jm1985
    Thank you for responding.I have homeowners insurance. Is this what your talking about?

I would think it's your comprehensive auto and they'll pursue against the other parties.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2007, 06:50 AM
    The damage was to your auto so its your auto insurance you report it to. This is really no different if you were parked on the street and someone hit your car. Your insurance pays out then tries to find and go after the party at fault for reimbursement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree? [ 1 Answers ]

I have ivy growing up a tree. Will this injure the tree?

Two storm at once [ 2 Answers ]

I recently celebrated my daugther's first birthday. Two days before her birthday, my father in law was in a multiple car accident. He's car was hit behind by a Ford f150 and hit the car in front of him. Two days after the accident, he learned that his grandfather passed away. He had cardiac arrest...

Storm Sewer Tree Roots [ 3 Answers ]

I have tree roots that accumulate in a cleanout trap just before the storm drain leaves the house. The hair like ends of these roots appear in the clean out. Occasionally, there is also some sand that deposits there. The combination blocks the discharge, which has caused a back up into the...

Storm cleanup [ 5 Answers ]

In yesterdays storm that hit LI I lost a very large branch off one of the trees in my backyard. The branch is more than a foot in diameter at the base and broke off a few feet from the base. When it broke it took out a power line so we were without power for over 20 hrs. Anyway, the power...

View more questions Search