Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaymonk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Pouring new patio around pool - color, stain or overlay?
    I am getting near point to start pouring about 1200 square feet of concrete for patios around our pool in a house we just bought. We thought that might be a lot of grey/white concrete so thought we should have the concrete colored. We thought we might just color the concrete at the beginning so it's the same all the way through but then I worry we may not like the color. Look for opinions on what is best and cost effective. Stain or put overlay later, or color at the beginning. Kind of confused as to what might be best... Thanks for any advice.
    rtw_travel Posts: 347, Reputation: 36

Dec 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
    I think I'd spend more time focusing on making the right decision on colour & texture in the first place no matter which way you go! :-) Then choose whichever method gives you the design features you want.

My wife and I have renovated 10 houses so far... and its only the last couple where we freely admit that they turn out better when someone else makes the colour decisions and adds a little design flourishes that really make things standout. The finishing touches are our weakness. In our experience, a few hundred dollars given to someone with more colour and design sense than we have, is money well spent.

Perhaps interview some landscape designers or interior decorators and see if you find one you like? (Ideally one who listens to your ideas, and then gives you a number of options that work with both your budget and desires). It does not add significantly to the overall cost of the job, and you should be much happier with the results.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asphalt Overlay [ 7 Answers ]

Is it OK to lay an asphalt overlay (driveway) when it is damp from rain the day before? Does the outside temp. need to be a particular minimum?

Removing Stain on Patio [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was staining our deck which was above the paver patio. He dripped some stain on the patio. Is it possible to remove the stain and if so how? Also, we have one rust spot on the paver patio. Is there anything that can get this out as well?

Pool water color [ 2 Answers ]

Why does the pool water turn cloudy and how do you turn it back blue. Does the water suppose to be warm

Covered patio on/near pool deck [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to do a covered area of around part of my pool for sometime now. My backyard is quite small - the pool deck starts at the house and ends at the back fence. This will require me to put my posts on my pool deck. It is a cool deck (I think that's the right kind), it looks kind of...

Weighing down Patio/Pool furniture [ 1 Answers ]

Any ideas on weighing down Patio/Pool furniture? We live in a high-rise and the pool is located on the roof. The wind gets bad at times and blows over the chairs, not the chaises, and could possibly blow off the roof in a bad storm. We looked a weighing the chairs down with diving weights...

View more questions Search