Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helphelphelpme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Internet Speed Monitor
    Ive got a really good pop-up blocker and spam blocker program. But all of a sudden Ive been getting tons of pop-ups. At the bottom of the window, no matter what the pop-up is about it says "INTERNET SPEED MONITOR". I literally leave my computer on for an hour and leave, I'll come back to 17+ pop-ups. Sometimes when I Google something, it'll take off my Favorites list to the side and come up with its own result of what I googled.

Any idea how to get rid of it?
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Dec 3, 2007, 02:01 PM
    I had that on a client's computer once, I was able to just remove it from the control panel, Add Remove Programs. You can also try running Trend Micro's Housecall online scan.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Dec 4, 2007, 12:56 AM
    2. Run the vundo and combo fix
    Security News from the net: vundofix and combo fix

3. Run the anti spyware remove programs spybot
    Security News from the net: Spybot search and destroy spyware and popups

And superantispyware
    Security News from the net: SUPERAntiSpyware Home Edition (free version)
    To get rid of the nasties

4. Run a free online virus scan to be sure you computer is virus and spyware free.
    Security News from the net: Online virus scan
    jhonnydeep Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Sep 16, 2010, 11:10 AM
    You can also check your internet speed here www.ip-details.com they are offering unlimited internet speed test at free of cost...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Internet speed [ 6 Answers ]

Is there any programs out there that can help my computer surf the web better/faster? I have an old computer to give you an idea of its... I don't know... preformance I can barely run Asherons call on this computer, I tried morpheous, but I think its gearedtowards dial-up rather then ADSL (which I...

High speed internet [ 8 Answers ]

I have a PC hooked up to fios high speed router upstairs.My husband hooked up a belkin device to his USB to get a signal for his PC downstairs.He cannot get a connection.Any ideas? He has windows 2000

Your Internet Connection Speed [ 8 Answers ]

Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I visited, it says I haven't been on since dec 6th, I was gone due to work, xmas shopping, and traveling. Anways I was wondering what kind of internet connection everyone uses. Back in my home in California I have cable internet, which is great and super...

High speed internet [ 11 Answers ]

I am pondering what kind of high speed internet to get for my computer. I am currently working with a dial up connection and would like to know what kind of high speed hook up I can use to my advantage. I am primarily using the connection for downloading music off Limewire. Love my music so give...

View more questions Search