Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noahrashad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I live in the State of Tennessee and I was told by the courts that I must petition the courts to sign over all legal rights to my child. How can I do that? And what steps do I need to take in order for me to do that?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 3, 2007, 12:32 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

First, what do you think relinquishing your rights will get you? Yes, a relinquishment of parental rights has to be approved by the local Family court. But they are RARELY granted. If you are doing this to get out of paying child support, forget it. The only reasons its usually granted is to clear the way for adoption, (in which case the adoptive parents should be filing the paperwork) or if the parent is a danger to the child.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 4, 2007, 06:47 AM
    Is the child being adopted by someone else?
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Dec 4, 2007, 07:22 AM
    Why would you want to sign off on your child?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing rights [ 17 Answers ]

What is the legalities to relinquishing rights of a child whom you feel you can not fulfill an obligation to because of not knowing the child and not being able to comply with conservator rights. And also when rights are relinquished is child support still paid?

Relinquishing rights [ 2 Answers ]

How can I go about signing my rites to my child away.I have a 20 month old son and I have never got to be in his life but the mother wants to take me to court for child support and I don't feel I should have to pay for a child I never got to know.not to mention she up and moved out of state and she...

Relinquishing rights [ 1 Answers ]

How can I relinquish my rights of the child to the mother with out a lawyer in the state of California?

Relinquishing rights [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé is been forced to go to court for child support and to confirm paternity of a girl presumed to be his daughter. He doesn't want to have anything to do with the mother or the child. What can he do to relinquish his parental rights , it doesn't matter how difficult it could be he is willing...

Relinquishing his rights. [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father does not pay child support the way he is supposed to. He hasn't seen my son in over a year and doesn't care to see him. Is there an inexpensive way to get him to give up his rights? I have been quoted prices any where from 5000-10000 to get it done. Please help!

View more questions Search