Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snahx13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 06:14 AM
    Im a soon to be father but my ex won't let me sign th birth certificate?
    Im 19 and my ex is 16 her parents don't want the baby to have my last name and she don't eather she said if my last name gets put on there then she won't but if not she will I don't know what to do I want to sighn the certificate and it have my last name please someone help me asap pleas.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snahx13
    if my last name gets put on there then she wont but if not she will
    Won't what?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 08:06 AM
    The mother can choose whatever last name she wants for the baby... you really don't have much say in that.

You do, however, have say in being on the birth cetificate. If you are going to be at the hospital when the baby is born, the staff should give you all the paperwork you need and have you sign acknowledging that you are the father.

If you aren't at the hospital and don't sign off on the birth certificate before it is filed you will most likely have to get a paternity test and have the courts order to add you to the birth certificate.

But you can't force the mother to give the baby your last name... its her choice.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2007, 08:14 AM
    It's all fine an dandy that you want the child to have your name. But aren't you worried about having, sex with a minor and getting her pregnant?
    What if you press this issue and the parents or the hospital contact the police.
    If I were in your shoes I would keep my mouth shut and hand over child support each week for the next 2 years and then take it to court.
    Here more advice, In the mean time stay from underage girls.
    Snahx13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 06:37 AM
    No I'm not worried her parents already know and like me a lot or they whould not of bought me a car.
    Foxy459459 Posts: 368, Reputation: 36

Dec 4, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Then why don't her parents what you to be on the birth cirtificate? It sounds like they don't want you to have anything to do with this baby? What happened with your relationship with this girl?
    Papito0916 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 10:27 AM
    Comment on Foxy459459's post
    I agree what happen with the relationship, he must of done something that was not acceptable or something.
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2011, 10:32 AM

You may be right Papito but judging by the date on this thread his child is about 3 or 4 years old now ;)
    aaron88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
    My ex is 20 I'm 24 and her mum is up and leavng to austria, she is already been lookn into it and has a sponsor out there, I don't want to see my child a few tmes a year and want to know where I stand lawfuly? She is now saying I isn't going to get on brth certificate, what can I do about this? HELP

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong father on child's birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters birth certificate is incorrect. While stationed in the military at Fort Jackson S.C. I had my daughter. The wrong father is listed on her birth certificate. While living in South Carolina I was told that I needed a lawyer to fix the problem. I never had the money to correct the problem...

Can my husband adopt my son if the father is not on the birth certificate? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband wants to adopt my five year old son. Does the father have to agree if he's not on the birth certificate and hasn't supported his son after the break up? He only saw his son twice in a year and seven days.

Scared about puuting father on birth certificate [ 8 Answers ]

When we had our son I was young and didn't know the father as well so I had put him on the birthcertifcate and gave our son his last name. How ever when he got involved with drugs he used my son against me and would take off with him for days threatening he wouldn't bring him back. Now pregnant...

Rights of a father not listed on birth certificate [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Louisiana and am pregnant with my first child. The father of the baby has expressed no interest in the baby and will not be listed on the birth certificate. What rights, if any will he have even if he isn't listed on the birth certificate?

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search