Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bpm150 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2007, 05:29 AM
    No hot water in the bath tubes but works every where else
    Hello,

I am a first time home owner and not all too familiar with plumbing...

Recently the hot water quit working in the master bath... So we then we started taking showers in the spare bathroom for about a week and then the hot water just quit working in that bathtub as well.

We do get plenty of hot water in the bathroom sinks and every where else in the house.

Does anybody have any ideas on what could be causing this?

Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Dec 3, 2007, 05:57 AM
    The only thing that comes to mind is that minerals built up in your water heater has got in the hot water system and have been sucked up into your faucets where they're now clogging the inlet ports on the cartridges.You must shut the water off and take the faucets apart. Check and clean out the inlet ports and before you button up turn the water back on for a moment to flush out the supplies and the valve body. But first flush out your heater. Let me show you how. For long life and fewer troubles you should keep your heater clear of mineral build-up by flushing on a regular schedule. Attach a hose to the boiler drain at the bottom of the tank. With the pressure on, open the boiler drain and let it run until the water runs clear. You will see a spurt of red,(rust) followed by white or yellow grains,(lime or calcium carbonate). This shouldn't take more then a few minutes. Do this monthly to keep it clear. Now flush out your hot water lines on ALL fixtures that are affected . Now pull each aerator and clean the screens. Be sure you put them back togather the same way you took them out. Don't forget to flush it out every month. Your heater will thank you for it. Hope this helps, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New water heater, no hot water pressure in 2 bath/showers [ 3 Answers ]

A new water heater was installed yesterday, but I have no HOT water pressure in either of my showers. Is it the old fixtures, or a leaking pipes?

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

No hot water to shower, but works everywhere else. [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm a new homeowner and my hot water to the shower stopped working all of a sudden last night. I've checked, and the hot water does not flow in the shower with either just the regular faucet running or the shower head running, only cold water. I've never had a water pressure problem before...

View more questions Search