Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xsillysophzx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Why haven't I started my periods?
    Okay so I'm 13 going on 14 at the end of this month I'm in year 9 but I still haven't started my periods I would say most of my class has it may be that I'm the only one, am I different I am also a bit flat chested not completley mind they have grown recently. I am going through puberty as I have pubic hair I just have no breasts and haven't started my peroids yet is this normal? I don't feel normal:(
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 03:20 PM
    Yeah, that's normal. Everybody takes a different time. Don't worry about it, make sure you stay healthy, good food, exercise etc and you will find it will come in it's own good time. I didn't start until I was 14 odd and I turned out fine! It's actually healthier for you on the long run- cuts your risks of loads of diseases.

Some things to check, are you over or underweight, do you have a poor diet, are you very atheletic? These can all delay your period.

If you are worried just go to your doctor. Also ask female relatives when they got thiers- it was probably later than 13 too.

The important thing to know is you are not weird and you don't need to stress. It will come in it's own good mystical time- then you'll wish it would go away again!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 03:28 PM
    You're perfectly normal, just a late bloomer. Consider yourself lucky, periods aren't fun!
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 2, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Don't worry you are fine my friend did not start hers till she was nearly 17 and did not get boobs till around 15/16 she nows has the biggest out of all my friends. Just enjoy life without periods while you can. Leti
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 06:22 PM
    As everyone said above, it is perfectly normal, and consider yourself lucky. You know, girls that start their period early have a higher risk for certain cancers? True story.

I do have to ask though, are you underweight? Anorexic? Both of these things can cause you not to get your periods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not started monthly periods. Date was before 8 days [ 1 Answers ]

Not started monthly periods. Date was before 8 days.not planning for pregnanacy

Getting started! [ 3 Answers ]

Good Morning. I just got married a month ago. I'm a citizen but my husnbad isn't. What steps can I take to get him his social and his resident papers? He came over here on a student visa From Trinidad and Tobago. He wants to go to college but he must have a social sercurity number to file for...

Haven't had a real period in 3 months? [ 1 Answers ]

In the last 3 months I haven't had a period, except a month in a half ago I had (spotting) for 2 days and it was light I still haven't gotten a period, and the HPT was negative? My stomach is either bloaded or bigger, so I'm confused? Please inform me. Oh yeah Im 21 yrs old with no children yet. Im...

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

View more questions Search