Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    why Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2005, 04:38 PM
    Judgement In Islam
    SALAM ALA KUM!

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIRRAHIM.

I am very confused about the judgement in islam. If someone becomes muslim, or mend their way and become good then ALLAH(GOD) will change their bad deeds into good and will hide their bad deeds on day of judgement. This makes me wonder what is the different between a life-long practicing muslim and a bad muslim or a convert muslim, then I also heard that even a religious person may go to hell for ever, or the a Hafiz or a poor person will take other people to Paradise regardless of how they were, or a person who was a real sinner of everything went to hell because of giving water to a cat or dog while dying, or a sinful person went to Paradise only because he said to burn his body after dead since he was scared of ALLAH punishment.. Then why should a muslim should struggle to be good?? why can not we all do sins involving fornication, drinking and others and then ask for forgivness since ALLAH is most forgiving and merciful and forgives big sinners? Since a good, a convert and a siner who repent will all go to paradise. It is is mentioned in Sura AL-FURQUAN (25) that a person who commits adultary/fornication will face double punishment, but his/her sins will be forgiven upon repentance, and the sins will be hiden on day of judgement and on top of that their bad deeds will be turn to good. What good does this do to a practising muslim who is strugling all life long, why should not every enjoy have fun, then repent. Why ALLAH(GOD) imposed this laws on muslim and then forgive others, is not this a pressure and struggle for muslim that keeps them away just because they want to have good time. This concept is very confusing to me I would appretiate if you can help me understand this.
    Thanks for your Time.
    AS SALAM ALA KUM WARAMAT ULLAH.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Dec 7, 2005, 05:24 PM
    Having a little fun in life is harmless as long as it doesn't harm yourself or others. You can read all the books a listen to all the religious leaders you want to. But let me ask you this: Why lead your life based on what they are telling you? You make your own decisions in life. You either lead a life of crime and evil or you lead a life of honesty and good. How do you want people to remember you when you are gone? Even if there was no paradise to look forward to in the end you still have to leave your memories behind. There will be people who come after you. What would you want them to learn of you? I hope I'm helping out some. If not we have plenty of great experts here. :)
    tyieka Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Dec 8, 2005, 11:04 AM
    why
    The Quo'ran is not just a history book but a book of life rules it tells us the way in which Allah (pbuh) wants people to live their lives in harmony with each other having love for their fellow man. It tells us to show Mercy to those who have wronged us as he has shown mercy to us, To look after our families when they can no longer support themselves. We are advised against drinking and fornication not because Allah (pbuh) wants us to have no fun but because as he created us and knows all about us he knows the damage alcohol can do to the body and mind and the disease that can come from sleeping around. Any sin we have committed through our life will be weighed against the good we have done, Allah (pbuh) is a most merciful and giving God, He will forgive all that we have done in life if we repent from the heart and mean the sorry we say.Everyone will make mistakes in life but they must learn by them and try not to make the same mistake again. If you thought about the word GOD broke down the letters what would it stand for? Well I think it stands for this!

Good
    Old
    Dad
    because he is the daddy of us all.
    I hope this helps you. :)
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Dec 10, 2005, 10:48 AM
    Islam
    Quote Originally Posted by why
    SALAM ALA KUM!

BISMILLAH HIR RAHMAN NIRRAHIM.

I am very confused about the judgement in islam. If someone becomes muslim, or mend their way and become good then ALLAH(GOD) will change their bad deeds into good and will hide their bad deeds on day of judgement. This makes me wonder what is the different between a life-long practicing muslim and a bad muslim or a convert muslim, then I also heard that even a religious person may go to hell for ever, or the a Hafiz or a poor person will take other people to Paradise regardless of how they were, or a person who was a real sinner of everthing went to hell becuz of giving water to a cat or dog while dying, or a sinful person went to Paradise only becuz he said to burn his body after dead since he was scared of ALLAH punishment.. Then why should a muslim should strugle to be good??? why can not we all do sins involving fornication, drinking and others and then ask for forgivness since ALLAH is most forgiving and merciful and forgives big sinners? since a good, a convert and a siner who repent will all go to paradise. It is is mentioned in Sura AL-FURQUAN (25) that a person who commits adultary/fornication will face double punishment, but his/her sins will be forgiven upon repentance, and the sins will be hiden on day of judgement and on top of that their bad deeds will be turn to good. What good does this do to a practising muslim who is strugling all life long, why should not every enjoy have fun, then repent. Why ALLAH(GOD) imposed this laws on muslim and then forgive others, is not this a pressure and strugle for muslim that keeps them away just because they wanna have good time. This concept is very confusing to me I would appretiate if you can help me understand this.
    Thanks for your Time.
    AS SALAM ALA KUM WARAMAT ULLAH.

Islam means submission. Being faithful and submissive to Allah does not give licence to raise hell now and repent later. Allah expects those who are Muslim to live the religion minute by minute. Each person has ot decide whtheer they will give their lives over to Allah or whether they will turn away from Allah and please themselves. I heard an Imam say that when a man turns back to Allah, then Allah will begin to bless him from that moment. Whether this is effective in cases where a Muslim deliberately walks against the will of Allah with the intention of throwing himself on Allah's munificence and mercy ata later, time more convenient to the evildoer, I cannot say.

MORGANITE
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Dec 17, 2005, 07:16 PM
    Tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter

Yusuf Ali translation

002:191

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.
    Abu_Adam Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2005, 10:53 AM
    Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah (and peace be upon you too and the mercy of God)

This answer will be according to my understanding of Islam, so if you are not muslim you have don't agree with this and its okay :)

According to the Quran, Entrance into Paradise is out of God's Grace and Mercy, not only from our good deeds. Good deeds are a way of showing thanks and appreciation to God for all that He has given us.

Now If someone commits sin, with the intention that they are going to be a bad person and repent later, and that God will forgive them, this is wrong. If you read the Quran, it says that Firaun (Pharaoh) committed injustices in the land for hundreds of years, he killed the children of Israel and committed injustice after injustice. When he was about to die, and he was drowning in the sea, he suddenly claimed "I believe in the God of Moses!", but God said that it was too late.

This is because Pharaoh was not sincere and just wanted the easy way out.

Once knowledge has come to a person that drinking, adultery, etc is wrong, and they continue to do it despite others telling them that its wrong, despite reading the Quran and reading its wrong, they are liable to punishment.

Keeping that in mind. There are also worldly consequences for your actions. If you cheat on your wife or husband, it used to be the case that you would go to jail in this country, nowadays nothing happens, except maybe divorce.

Here is my summary

We cannot expect God's mercy, we can only hope for it.

However, that said, if we truly and sincerely ask forgiveness for all that we did, no matter what, Allah promised to forgive us.

And I'm not knowledgeable or a scholar, I know very little, so I end by saying God Knows Best
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Dec 22, 2005, 05:18 AM
    Abou ben ADAM/ADEM
    Abou (ben) Adem, an interesting name. It reminded me of the eponymous hero of Leigh Hunt's poem.

Abou Ben Adhem

Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
    Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
    And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
    Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
    An angel writing in a book of gold:—
    Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
    And to the Presence in the room he said
    "What writest thou?"—The vision raised its head,
    And with a look made of all sweet accord,
    Answered "The names of those who love the Lord."
    "And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
    Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low,
    But cheerly still, and said "I pray thee, then,
    Write me as one that loves his fellow men."

The angel wrote, and vanished. The next night
    It came again with a great wakening light,
    And showed the names whom love of God had blessed,
    And lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest.

Valeikum Asalaam

MORGANITE

:)
    Abu_Adam Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2005, 10:38 AM
    Abu Adam
    Abu Adam means, "Father of Adam" :)

If it doesn't show above here - http://tinypic.com/iyprti.jpg

Isn't he a cutie pie? :)
    KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Dec 24, 2005, 10:05 PM
    Allaah has given us time to repent before the honourable scribes (kiraaman kaatibeen – recording angels) record our deeds.
    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The (scribe) on the left hand raises his pen (i.e. delays writing) for six hours [this may refer to six hours of 60 minutes as measured by astronomers, or it may refer to short periods during the day or night – Lisaan al-‘Arab] before he records the sinful deed of a Muslim.
    If he regrets it and seeks Allaah’s forgiveness, the deed is not recorded, otherwise it is recorded as one deed.” (Reported by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer and al-Bayhaqi in Shu’ab al-Eemaan (The Branches of Faith); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Silsilat al-Ahaadeeth al-Saheehah, 1209). A further respite is granted after the deed has been recorded, up until the moment before death approaches.
    Martin Harrison Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2006, 03:33 PM
    God / Allah / Master Of The Universe.
    Hi guy,s

Now I mean no disrespect by my comment but,-

I'm a athiest( can't spell it but I am.) But I've,e always thought the same I can be a bad person throughout my life and on my death bed I can say "forgive me god for i have sinned" and I will be saved??

But having said that I don't go to church, I think I am a good person I treat others as I would wish to be treated and itry to help others as much as possible, if not more.

At the end of the day my motto is " It,s nice to be nice....."

M
    AbuBakr_Fin Posts: 216, Reputation: 3

Jan 18, 2011, 07:07 PM
    WASWRWB.
    Allaah doesn`t make injustice upon anyone, so your question is injust. And by the way, the sinner who gave water to a thirsty dog was forgiven because of the mercy of Allaah, and not trown in The Fire. What makes you think the angel of death would come to you when you are making sins, and say: "Oh, poor fellow. I. should disobey Allaah and wait for him to finish that he can quickly say astaqhfirullah and then I take his soul a bit late."
    We worship Allaah between fear and hope. That`s the point. Never loose hope from his mercy, and never think you are safe from His plan. Hypocrites will be eternally in the Hell Fire, and they were certainly not good. Their hearts are filthy, and they are in fact disbelievers. And I fear there is hypocrisy in you, so fear Allaah, and read the meanings of the 3. and 4. pages of The Book of Allaah, and search your soul. It`s all about your HEART. This answers your questions, I hope:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGfBcgZsDjc&feature=related

Jan 18, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Comment on AbuBakr_Fin's post
    Astaqhfirullaah. I mean: `never loose hope from His mercy`

Jan 18, 2011, 07:18 PM
    Comment on Sage's post
    Why I immediately just pressed `Yes`, it`s helpful, because I love all of God`s Words, and they are always helpful for those who believe. Thanks for expressing anger for the sake of Allaah. Sometimes people go beyond lines when they talk about Allaah

Jan 18, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Comment on nymphetamine's post
    You gave a kind reply, and verily Allaah is Kind, loves kindness. But u just forgot to mention the most important One, who has rights, and that is Him. It`s not OK to be injust to GOD, to yourself, or to others. And this worlds enjoyments are nothing

Jan 18, 2011, 07:31 PM
    Comment on Abu_Adam's post
    Absolutely. What`s wrong with people that they want to take blessings of Allaah and use them to disobey Him and mock Him that He can`t punish them because they`ll repent, like they had diplomatic immunity to spread sins upon the earth of Allaah?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Islam and Judaism [ 60 Answers ]

Peace and love to everyone I want to understand the difference between Islam and Judaism, there roots between the children of Abraham, who is the founder of all 3 faiths (Judaism, Chriostianity and Islam) to one God Almighty, and the Ka'Baa.. Can someone explain what Isaac and Jacob have to...

Islam [ 14 Answers ]

I am in a World REligion class in college and the professor says that the religion of Islam is actually a peaceful religion. However, many of my classmates argue that it is terroristic in nature because of their belief in martyrdom(?). You know the saying "Kill the infadels." This seems to...

Will the real Islam please stand-up? [ 22 Answers ]

Is it feasible for Muslims to begin speaking about the good things in the Islamic religion instead of just reacting to another religion's speech about -ALL that they're seeing from Islam is violence in the name of religion ? Would it be possible for Iran to do the right thing? Help Iraq...

Father of Islam [ 7 Answers ]

I would like to know who is the Father of Islam.. Does it have to Do with Abraham or maybe other descendants of Noah..

Shi'ah (islam) [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a term paper in my world history class on Shi'ism, the main branch of Islam that isn't Sunni, and I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good books on Shi'ism or knows of any websites... Let me know! Thanks!

View more questions Search