Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panther196 Posts: 64, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 05:59 AM
    Update on sisters murder on 3/28/03
    Its now been over 4.8 yrs since my sisters horrid murder & Still no trial.The murderer admitted his guilt on day 1.The defense,judge & district attorney are all to blame for this.They should be ashamed of themselves.The local newspaper printed a update & omitted my sisters name in the article.This is the first time they have done that & myself & my family is very upset about this.Clair teeters who is the yucaipa,ca newsmirror editor refuses to answer me & my family as to why she didn't mention renees name in the article.Will anyone please e-mail her & ask her why she omitted renee pokres name in the 11-04-07 article.READ the full story. http://community.webtv.net/rpp64/1
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 06:37 AM
    What are you trying to accomplish with this?

Dec 2, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    What are you trying to accomplish with this?
    Who says I'm trying to accomplish anything ? I just want people to be aware how messed up the justice system is in the largest county in the nation.I have been goining through hell with them for nearly 5 yrs & they have delayed the trial 11 times.How would you feel ? Plus the editor of the local newspaper is being rude to myself & my family.That... I don't appreciate.I have forwarded her this thread & I'm quite sure she won't reply to me.Maybe she's upset cause I know something I'm not suppose to & she knows what that is.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 09:06 AM
    I was just wondering how posting this to anonymous people from around the world would do. I assume it's mostly about venting.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 25, 2007, 09:41 AM
    Hello panther:

Well, the defense is just doing its job, and the judge can't bring the case. The prosecutor is the one who is dropping the ball. He's the one, and the ONLY one. Not surprising. I'd be on HIS case - not the paper, or the defense, or the judge.

excon
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 09:45 AM
    Look at R Kelley.. not murder, but this case has went on for years as well.

Dec 29, 2007, 03:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello panther:

Well, the defense is just doing its job, and the judge can't bring the case. The prosecutor is the one who is dropping the ball. He's the one, and the ONLY one. Not surprising. I'd be on HIS case - not the paper, or the defense, or the judge.

excon
    The defense has postponed the trial 11 times.The judge has permitted it.I blame them all & that includes the prosecutor.I have told them so & they just apoligize for the delays time & time again.True justice for me & my family would be the murderer getting done to him in ca state prison what he did to my sister.http://community.webtv.net/rpp64/r1

Dec 29, 2007, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Look at R Kelley..not murder, but this case has went on for years as well.
    R.Kelly wanted his case to take its time & this is like comparing apples to oranges. Point well taken though.Martin ( sisters murderer ) admitted his guilt on day one.Hes been trying to get the charge reduced from first degree murder to manslaughter.Its a much lesser sentence.

The loser knew what he was doing.He told the police detectives stabbing renee was like a knife going through hot butter.Im just burned out cause we were told the case would be over within 2 yrs.It will be 5 yrs this spring.
    Loriwoody Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 12:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by panther196
    Its now been over 4.8 yrs since my sisters horrid murder & Still no trial.The murderer admitted his guilt on day 1.The defense,judge & district attorney are all to blame for this.They should be ashamed of themselves.The local newspaper printed a update & omitted my sisters name in the article.This is the first time they have done that & myself & my family is very upset about this.Clair teeters who is the yucaipa,ca newsmirror editor refuses to answer me & my family as to why she didnt mention renees name in the article.Will anyone please e-mail her & ask her why she omitted renee pokres name in the 11-04-07 article.READ the full story. http://community.webtv.net/rpp64/1

Your link does not work. I was curious about Renee's murder but I couldn't find the specifics? Do you have another link?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Yes, murder cases can go on for years and years, this is not that uncommom, And merely confiessing on the day of the murder does not mean that the confession will ever even be used in court, It will be the defense attorneys job to get that confession thrown out if possible.
    Just knowing someone is guilty has nothing to do with them being convicted, proving it with other evidence.

And the judge merely rules on motions given him, it is the DA's position that they are the ones that pushes to get it to trial. The defense will wnt to keep this going on longer, to help witness forget, to make the jury perhaps forget about it

Dec 30, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriwoody
    Your link does not work. I was curious about Renee's murder but I couldnt find the specifics? Do you have another link?
    I live in the house Renee lived in when she died. Ive only heard bit's and pieces about the story and was curious as to what happened to the daughters boyfriend. He was the one that committed the murder, wasn't he?
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Loriwoody here is the linkhttp://community-2.webtv.net/rpp64/r1/http://community-2.webtv.net/rpp64/r1/
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by panther196
    The defense has postponed the trial 11 times.The judge has permitted it.I blame them all & that includes the prosecutor.I have told them so & they just apoligize for the delays time & time again.True justice for me & my family would be the murderer getting done to him in ca state prison what he did to my sister.http://community.webtv.net/rpp64/r1
    Lori try clicking on this link... I tired to cut and paste but it doesn't show up like that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 02:50 PM
    It sounds like the defense is doing a good job. The prosecutor has to get his act together. He's the only one at fault here with the delay.

I read the link. What's that all about with the kissing in the truck before he stabbed Renee?

It sounds like it was a messy relationship even before Renee got killed.

Dec 30, 2007, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Lori try clicking on this link...I tired to cut and paste but it doesn't show up like that.
    Thank you... it worked:)

Dec 30, 2007, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    It sounds like the defense is doing a good job. The prosecutor has to get his act together. He's the only one at fault here with the delay.

I read the link. What's that all about with the kissing in the truck before he stabbed Renee?

Well, Ive only heard the stories because my Dad owns the house but it was a line of bull. I can't believe he hasn't gone to trial yet. She didn't try to kiss him, she wanted him out of her house. That's what I heard. The fact that the daughter took his side makes me sick. She should be in jail too.

Jan 8, 2008, 03:43 AM
    Martin has confessed to the murder.This is NOT a case of him denying guilt.The defense has yet again postponed the trial ( #12 ) & they are going to attempt to get martin a lesser sentence.Ill repeat it again... Martin has admitted guilt & signed his confession back in 03.The public defenders office in San Bernardino County court house,ca has been absolutely pathetic.http://community.webtv.net/rpp64/r1

Jan 8, 2008, 03:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl

Martin said renee came on to him & he defended himself.Renee was 4-10 & martin is 6-02.Renee didn't kiss him at all.martin is a filthy liar.The relationship between martin & my sister was like a mom & son.Renee finally saw the truth & it was too late.
    kandyfruitcake Posts: 67, Reputation: 18

Feb 1, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Okay, I have been involved with a DP case for many years and even testified at trial, so maybe this will be of some assistance. The link you posted was a personal one - while understanding your feelings, it's not a legal site. The editor is under no obligation to respond to you and can't anyway under these circumstances, for fear of bias. A biased newspaper opinion being brought forward in a verdict could damage your case, so she's done you a favour in stepping back.

Confessions are not what they were. They can be retracted, they can be given under duress, which is why they are not bonafide nowadays. Hearsay is not admissible in a court of law - they're not interested in who kissed who, or why they didn't. If your sister's name has been omitted, I'm sorry to say, but it's generally because the editor is aware of repercussions. Justice doesn't mean a lot to newspaper folks, just reading figures.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2008, 11:01 PM
    The only one who can stop the trial postponements are the Judge. The more it is postponed for whatever reason, it is up to the judge whether it gets continued. If it has been a defense postponement, the prosecutor has to agree as well.

The wheels of justice grind exceedingly fine. Sometimes it take a bit longer to prosecute some people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My sisters [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have two sisters the same age as me (15) a few years ago they both tried to kill themselves, now this year one of them tried again. They are both adopted (twins) so that might have something to do with it. I was just wondering do you reckon it'll pass, maybe its just them trying to be...

What's your opinion/sisters murder [ 11 Answers ]

Its been almost 4 yrs since my sisters murder & the killer has yet to go to trial.the judges/public defenders office/district attorney should be ashamed of themselves.read what happened to renee on my webpage. http://community.webtv.net/r6864/1

Sisters boyfriend. [ 10 Answers ]

Aliright, so my sisters dating this guy and he's really cool!! Hes a lot of fun to hang out with and he's become a very big part of my life. And me and him are extremely close. But, he told me the other day, because of major drama in his childhood, he turned to drugs. Im the ONLY one who knows...

Sisters not friends [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my sis were always close growing up. And then something happened I don't remember when exactly but now its like we just don't even like each other any more. She even said once that if we were not sisters we would hate each other which hurt my feelings really bad because at that time I...

Adoption of sisters [ 2 Answers ]

Hello My name is chathu121 and I'm 22 years old and I want to adopt my younger siblings and I 'm worried they want let me get them because we are to close in age :(

View more questions Search