Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyrellcline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 04:00 AM
    96' Cavalier Head Gasket Repair
    I need step by step instructions on how to replace the head gasket of my 1996 Chevy Cavalier, 2.2 by myself.:confused:
    All serious answers are very much appreciated.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2007, 04:06 AM
    Sorry friend, you are going to at least have to buy a Haynes repair manual from Autozone and we can fill in the areas that you have questions about, I am an Asian guy and I have tutorials for Honda and Mitsubishi all laid out but not for yours, sorry.

I think you will need to be prepared to take several days to do this if you are to get help on the web.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New head gasket [ 5 Answers ]

Is there anyway of knowing if the head gasket is torqued right?? This time the first time I torqued it 30lbs the second time I torqued it to 50. The chilton book says 22lbs the first time and 47 the second, but the car has 170k and the head has been serviced and shaved. It seems to have better...

Head gasket [ 3 Answers ]

My head gasket is leaking, my car seems to be running a little hot, does this mean that my gasket is about to blow?; also I'm no longer getting heat :(

Head Gasket direction. [ 2 Answers ]

Sirs: Briggs&Stratton14HP_OHV294440Series_Type 1042A1,DateCode96013111. Need to know which surface of the graphite head gasket go against block? Gasket set from Briggs has embossed ridge(3/16"wide)around piston opening. Just need to know which way it goes. If needed a photo can be provided....

96 chevy cavalier leaking head gasket need advice [ 6 Answers ]

My 1996 chevy cavalier is leaking around the head gasket its not really bad but it is noticeable will Bar's radiator stop leak help me? Will it hurt my motor? I'm afraid it could mix with the oil and cause damage what do you think? So far as I can tell it is only leaking from the outside of the...

Blown head gasket [ 0 Answers ]

I have a geo prism with a blown head gasket. Is there any way I could fix it cheap, even if I jerry-rig it? Thanks. Ian

View more questions Search