Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    legalmom1013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Images won't display, can't download flashplayer
    I have a compaq/hp laptop and am running windows vista. I haven't been able to get a flashplayer to work properly nor can I get images to display correctly. I've tried so many things that I no longer have any idea what shape my system is in. I don't know where to start to get it fixed. I can't use myspace properly or anything. <WAH>
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

Dec 24, 2007, 06:45 PM
    Well I've had this problem before, and fixed it... first of all download this to remove the current flash player on your system, then download this to install a stand alone player, it works!
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 07:26 PM
    Hope you don't mind another suggestion -- Go to this file

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Then right clicked on both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and chose properties.

In properties choose the 'security' tab > Click on the 'everyone' account, and the button called 'edit' and then tick the box called 'allow full control' and also choose your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should find that YouTube and other sites that use flash now work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't see images on some websites [ 4 Answers ]

I get a cross instead of a picture or banner on some sites. Can anybody please advise. Thanks. Jim.

Images won't display on a website [ 11 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm having trouble seeing all the images on hi5 - Who's in?, all the profiles images won't display but everything else on the website will including other images. I had norton anti-virus, which I uninstalled just because I thought it was one of the reasons, I have done several things but...

I can read but not see The Images, Please Help if you can! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everybody, Visiting the following site http://www.perezhilton.com/ I can read the paragraphs but could not see any pictures. So if sombody could please advise if I have to download additional software or plug-ins or simply adjust my browser 'Explorer'. I know that if there is a little box...

Yahoo Images [ 12 Answers ]

I have Yahoo set as my homepage and recently there are images that have not been loading when I go to Yahoo. For example, the Yahoo! Logo at the top of the page does not load. Other images on the page load, but some don't. When I right click on the images that do not load, there is an option to...

No images [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem that I can't find help for. Can someone tell me why I have no images in some of my windows just white boxes with red x's in them? Thank you, J

View more questions Search