Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    medoemil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 09:34 PM
    How can I do a business online?
    I need to make a business online
    styilmaz1982 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:38 PM
    You can try the phone card business. Before you do anything you should choose what type of business you want to start. I like the international phone card business myself as there are millions of immigrants in this country. So if you don't have a lot of money and would like to start a risk free business at no cost to you then read my article on this subject:

If you want to open an online phone card business for FREE, then go to: Calling Cards & Phone Cards. Prepaid Long-Distance & International Calls, VoIP, Telecommunication Services.

Click on Affiliate Program Link on The Top Right Side of the Page and Choose The Open an Online Shop Option. It's simple and best of all it's free. No start up cost and nothing to buy. You will make 10-13% commission from all the sales you make from your site. You can have many different stores with your own domain name. They have ready made templates and all the web technology to get your store up and running in 30 minutes. I have 2 stores with them... one is a turkish site so I will not post the link here but check out my other site at RealCheapTalk.Com: Phone Cards | Prepaid Cellphone Refills | Cheap International Phone Card you can also click on the affiliate link from my shop at the bottom of the page. Thanks.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Dec 2, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Here's a good summary of the types of online businesses you can start:

American Chronicle: Choosing An Online Business Is A Tricky Business

Note that people sell services online as well as products. If you have a special skill (writing, editing, programming, website design, providing advice aka consulting, etc) you can sell that, either by setting up your own website and marketing it or by building a reputation on a project marketplace like one of the following:

Elance - Outsourcing to freelance programmers, web & logo designers, copywriters, illustrators and consultants | Elance

Guru.com – Find freelancers at the world’s largest online service marketplace.

Rent A Coder: How Software Gets Done -- The most completed software projects on the internet

If you set up your own site, you're going to need to market your products or services. That's what affiliate programs is about; here's a good overview from Wikipedia:

Affiliate marketing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can Google "affiliate programs" to find them. Other ways of helping people find your site are Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and registering your site through directories, paid or unpaid. You can find someone to help you with this for a reasonable price at Guru or RentACoder (links provided above).

If you go the eBay route, you face the marketing issue as well. If someone searches for "widgets" on eBay, you want to come up at the top of the list. eBay has a lot of useful information through their Help menu on setting up & maintaining your eBay presence.

Vasily
    Internet Junkie Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2008, 05:11 AM
    I like the affiliate marketing biz myself; I am starting to write articles to bring people to my blog and Squidoo lens;
    If you want to earn money with affiliate marketing, choose a niche that is not too saturated at first.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Mar 18, 2008, 04:00 PM
    VodaHost does not seem to get particularly good reviews due to reports of a lot of downtime and really bad support. Google "vodahost review" for further info. You could do better for hosting at VodaHost's price or lower. Google "top 10 web host" and you'll find hosting comparison sites like this one; any of the services on this top 10 list would probably work OK. I frankly have never seen VodaHost on one of these top 10 lists. Most hosting providers supply one or more free tools for creating your own web site; my hosting company for example has something called "PageWizard Site Builder".

Regarding your domain names, you don't purchase them, you register them for a certain period and have to renew at the end of that period if you want to keep them. Most hosting services include a free domain name, and registering an additional domain typically costs around $10 per year no matter who you register with; anyone who's paying $99 per year to register a domain is getting ripped off! I'd recommend getting the .com, net, and .org versions of your domain name to keep competitors from snapping up the most common variants.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 05:10 AM
    This is probably one of the biggest niche markets -- making money online OPM (other people's money)

28 Ways to Make Money with Your Website

40 Ways to Make Money on the Internet

Make Money Online: 101 Top Ways of Doing It

ways to make money - Google Search

Searches related to: ways to make money --- Suggested surches at bottom of page

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to start online business without investment [ 4 Answers ]

Hi to all,I don't know about online business.. and I'm a poor guy and I have a computer with internet connection only.. so,now I want to do online business.. but I don't have any money to invest... so anybody will specify the good plans to start the online business... ...

Online business [ 1 Answers ]

I have to do an e commerce project ( online business) and its merits and demerits. Which product would be more suitable with higher profit margin?

Online business without investments [ 7 Answers ]

I want to start a online business but I am not having any money to invest

Taxes for online business [ 2 Answers ]

How do I keep records for tax purposes for an online internet business? Thanks Luther

View more questions Search