Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mauibabe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Heating/Cooling Programmable Thermostat
    We just purchased a programmable thermostat and installed it this morning. We followed the instructions but it just seems to be heating too well. We've programmed it following the booklet but it's still too hot. Do you have any idea what we may be doing wrong?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 06:01 PM
    It could be a few things but did you adjust the heat anticipation for the type of system you have? Read your instructions there should be something on this.
    I also figure you installed the thermostat back to the same location as the old one?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Either it, or the old thermostat could be poorly calibrated. Try reprogramming it to a lower temperature. No big deal if you find the house comfortable with the thermostat set on 68 degrees. Or you could take it back.
    alabamia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 02:57 PM
    Have a new electric furnace. 4 wires come out of it w gray red green, old wires are red white bluengreen yellow. Can I use this same wires and termostat? It was a gAS with ac before.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Digital Thermostat for Line Voltage Heating AND Cooling? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello folks, I live in a condo in a relatively old building (~65 years) which uses line voltage thermostat controls (120/240V) for both heating and cooling (the heating and cooling source is a convector - they switch the building from heating to cooling every season). I'm trying to find a...

Replacing Analog Thermostat with Non-Programmable Digital Thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Replacing Analog thermostat with White, Yellow, Red, & Black wiring with non-programmable digital thermostat Model #RTH3100C. Please help!!

Heating and cooling [ 1 Answers ]

HI I would like to get help to see if I have wired my thermostat correctly

Upgrading to programmable ac/heating thermostat [ 5 Answers ]

I am replacing an old thermostat for ac/heating. There are 5 wires red, white, orange, black, green. My new unit (Noma programmable thermostat). The instructions indicate points of connection using red, white, yellow, green. My confusion is, where do I connect orange and black, because there...

View more questions Search