Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrewut Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 03:26 PM
    16, no ambitions, bad grades, where to go?
    Well, as it says up there.
    I've left school, and have a temporary job until Christmas.
    I've always been interested in the Entertainment industry, but I'm unsure which factors.
    I'm a thrillseeker, and love making people laugh, but am also looking for something which could see me into the future.

This seems like quite a wide question, but I don't know how I can narrow it down.

I Hope someone understands where I'm coming from slightly, and could lend some help, advice, or ask me more questions.

Thanks
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 1, 2007, 03:34 PM
    The first step is to go back to school. You will get no where in live without an education. You will not get into the entertainment industry without school. An education will only open the doors for you.

Dec 1, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjl
    The first step is to go back to school. You will get no where in live without an education. You will not get into the entertainment industry without school. An education will only open the doors for you.

I was considering college, but my school years we're the worst, I was never there, don't enjoy it, and although I'm perfectly capable of reading, writing ,maths and everything, I feel confined at school, and after failing to get into 2 colleges, I earn £120 a week, £100 of which goes to living costs. If I quit my job and started school again, I'd have nowhere to live.
    I just don't want to become someone who is work dependent, dead end job etc, but I'm almost there already.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Dec 1, 2007, 05:11 PM
    You don't have to quit your job while going to school. You can take evening classes, or if you work in the evening you can go to school during the day. You can even do distance education where you learn on your own at your own pace. You have options!

I get that you felt confined at school and didn't enjoy it, but the point is, you will have to get an education if you don't want that dead end job. That should be your modivation to get an education, and finish it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 06:54 PM
    I agree with the above about going back to school and completing your basic courses. What is it that you would like to do in the entertainment industry? Do you play a musical instrument, dance, sing or act? I work in the entertainment industry as a professional musician.

Where are your parents?

Dec 2, 2007, 02:47 PM
    One's in Ireland, Other don't speak anymore.
    I've never needed anyone to rely on in the past, probably because I haven't actually THOUGHT about what I do, just done it to get on with it.

Evening classes sound good, I'll look into that, Cheers.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 10:21 PM
    I still would appreciate knowing what it is that you would like to do in the entertainment industry, if you wouldn't mind sharing that. As I have stated previously, I do work in the entertainment industry. Also, you said the following in your original post:
    Originally Posted by Mrewut I've always been interested in the Entertainment industry, but I'm unsure which factors.
    So, please let us know if you do want some guidance in pursuing a career in the entertainment industry.

Dec 4, 2007, 11:34 AM
    Umm, after some thought, I'm not strong on playing instruments, can't sing, but am thinking more of a general entertainer, Like Butlins Redcoats or something.
    Not a flying ambition, but a start I guess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to cheat to get good grades [ 6 Answers ]

I'm fifteen and for the last year and a half I've been smoking pot. I don't want to quit but I want to do good in school and I'm not smart at all... I do my homework everynite but my test and quiz grades are so incredibly low it's a calendar grade. I started cheating this year because everything...

Boys bringing down your grades ? [ 3 Answers ]

So in my old school I was an honor student until I moved to my new school, which was pretty cool. But now I am a junior and my grades are suffering so bad. I don't think itt's my studying skills. But I would rahter be on the phone/computer/out/myspace/etc. I have so many distractions, and my mom is...

Drama kills my grades [ 2 Answers ]

I need help I am not doing very well in school I have really bad grades and my teachers and parents are getting mad at me. There is too much drama going on I lose focus of school. How can I get my grades up without losing my friends?

Bad grades [ 10 Answers ]

I am a sophomore I use to get reall bad grades in 8-9 my grades were great not in 10th grade my grades kind of sux like its all easy I just don't want to do the work anymore that and I don't take notes because its so easy ayn reason why grades slippin?

View more questions Search