Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lisa1979 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Maytag washer won't agitate
    I have an older Maytag washer. This morning, it filled, then began squeeling. When I entered the laundry room, it smelled of burning rubber. Wasn't agitating, but did spin to get water out. Put on new belts and pully, still won't agitate. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2007, 07:09 AM
    If the waher is not agitating, remove the agitator. Look at the splines and the agitator shaft. If the shaft is agitating, and the splines in the agitator look stripped, replace the agitator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE Washer will Spin but will not agitate [ 4 Answers ]

I have no experience with appliances, but before calling a repair man, I was wondering what might cause a GE washer to be able to spin, but not agitate. Could it be something that I could fix on my own? I hear it trying to agitate, but kind of makes a buzzing noise when it is on the agitate cycle.

Whirlpool washer won't agitate or spin [ 6 Answers ]

This machine is probably about 10 years old. It is a direct drive. The washer will fill and drain but when it tries to agitate or spin I hear a grinding and clicking sound coming from the bottom of the washer. I cannot turn the agitator by hand. Would this be a problem with the motor, or...

Maytag Washer won't agitate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer model PAV3300AWW, the motor will spin on one speed but just hums on the other. The machine won't agitate.

Kenmore washer won't drain, agitate or spin. [ 1 Answers ]

It's a Kenmore heavy duty super capacity 110.26322503 1 year and 1 week old. Has been used for only 6 full months and has run good up until last night. Noticed when we took the clothes out they were still very wet. Tried to re- Run the spin and nothing. The machine hums and the lights actually...

View more questions Search