Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhi_dogra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Car is not starting
    I had Honda Civic 98 Model, suddenly today It is not starting, Temp today is -8C. It has never given me starting problem.Battery seems to be OK.
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2007, 03:57 AM
    Have you had any trouble starting when the outside temperatures were higher than -8, change your Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT or TW) sensor, it is a problem in many cases but my not be in your case, its not expensive.

Have you thought of putting a heater in one of your radiator hoses?
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 04:20 AM
    If it starts when it warms up you might throw some heet into the gas... water in the fuel freezing at the line maybe? I'm not a car guy... just something I've been told to do.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2007, 06:26 AM
    Be sure to use full synthetic engine oil; e.g. 5W-30 Mobil 1. Full synthetics are engineered for artic environments and will allow your engine to turn over much easier, making it less stressful on your battery and starter motor. Synthetics are the lubricants of choice for engines, transmissions, and differentials in cold climates.

If the problem persists, perform the tests in Sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...das-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Starting Over? What does it mean? [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been together for just over a year now. She has been acting a little funny for a little less than a week now. Today we talked and she came to the conclusion that she wants to start over as friends and move on from there. When I started giving my input, I said that I don't...

Starting with me [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song "Starting with me"?

BS 14 Not Starting. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Briggs 14 hp riding mower that will not start. I had carb problems. I fixxed that and changed the oil. I started once and ran fine. Then I stopped and tried to restart. I now get a click and sometimes a very slight turn. It almost seems like a battery but I have jumped it with no...

View more questions Search