Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Namaste Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Free 2 Learn
    I have a dream to start a program called "Free 2 Learn". This means everyone has a chance at an education.

I asked a question a few days ago, asking for help in asking philanthropists for money for college. I really would like to simply network to find others interested in assisting those wanting to make a difference by educating themselves, then being of service to the community.

That is my goal in university level learning. I plan on working with youth at risk. I would like them to have the same opportunities. I have ADHD, which is quite a challenge at times when it comes to executive functioning--ie, planning ahead, or planning in general. Scholarship websites don't cut it. They are ridiculously long and too complicated.

All I am aking is for financial help with college, so I can help others as a therapist. I will be starting outreach programs.

If anyone knows how I can go about this (other than telling you), please respond with ideas.

Thank you!!

Michelle
    Namaste Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Namaste
    I have a dream to start a program called "Free 2 Learn". This means everyone has a chance at an education.

I asked a question a few days ago, asking for help in asking philanthropists for money for college. I really would like to simply network to find others interested in assisting those wanting to make a difference by educating themselves, then being of service to the community.

That is my goal in university level learning. I plan on working with youth at risk. I would like them to have the same opportunities. I have ADHD, which is quite a challenge at times when it comes to executive functioning--ie, planning ahead, or planning in general. Scholarship websites don't cut it. They are ridiculously long and too complicated.

All I am aking is for financial help with college, so I can help others as a therapist. I will be starting outreach programs.

If anyone knows how I can go about this (other than telling you), please respond with ideas.

Thank you!!!

Michelle
    I am moving this one up too. Sometimes I wonder if anyone really reads this stuff. Please have a look.

Thank you.

Michelle
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 05:08 PM
    We read dear, but if we don't have an answer, we simply don't answer. Unfortunately you will not find anyone here at this website who will offer to fund what you are wanting to do.

While you have some wonderful ideas and definite needs, due to the scams of the internet today, many people are "gun shy," so to speak, about helping people over the internet.

As a struggling student, mom of 4, and living on my husband's income only, I can relate to your dilemma, but unfortunately no one here is going to dole out money to help us less fortunate people. We have to learn to make it on our own.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 05:40 PM
    And sometimes we don't answer because you are not going to like the answer, I am sorry if filling out applications for schoarships is too much work, but that is the system we have, and most colleges will do a lot of that work for you, if you have a listed disability.

And you have been given good advice as to working part time, perhaps a work study program at the school.

You just sound like you don't want to work with the system we have and want someone to give you the money so you don't have to work harder for it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

I don't learn anything [ 15 Answers ]

Could you guys help me because when I go to school to learn something I can I keep forgetting everything I even have no change to go out side and play I study hard and I work hard but I can remember not of you ask After 5 min I can just rember it it is so hard for me to keep something to my mind I...

What can I learn? [ 3 Answers ]

Am feeling so sad because of what I did--once my parents scolded me very badly so to hurt them back I started pretending that I have gone mad,I started dancing and talking to myself.They thought that I have gone mad in real and they took me to a doctor. Later I told them the truth that I was just...

How to learn [ 7 Answers ]

I would say education is being valued today... however it's becoming one-sided. Most teachers and educators value the abstract subjects such as math and science and some would go as far as to say that the arts are counter-productive and unessential. Basically, math and science appeals to the left...

How will my dog learn to tell me she has to go out? [ 4 Answers ]

We have a 3 month old female westie. We've had her for about 3 weeks. For 2 of those weeks, she has been on an antibiotic for a UTI. During that time, she has had numerous accidents in the house-understandably so-due to the nature of her illness. In the one good week we have had so far, she has...

View more questions Search