Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaycar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 10:22 AM
    California Residential Lease
    Is it lawful to require the first and last months rent up front, for a 1 year lease in California? Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Hello jay:

Yes, it is - plus a months deposit. You can read the law for yourself at the top of this forum on a sticky note.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Residential lease agreement [ 3 Answers ]

I live in TX and recently signed a 12 months lease for an apartment. While looking over the lease a few days ago I discovered errors in the move-in date/year and move-out date/year. What should be Oct. 1st 2007 as the move-in date reads Oct.1st 2207; the move-out date/year is stated as Sept. 30th...

California lease [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to rent an apartment, it requires a 1 year lease. I already put down the $600. Deposit, my question is I want to move in today 4/23/07 how much will I have to pay being it is almost the end of the month?

Breaking a Lease in California [ 1 Answers ]

I signed a lease agreement to rent a room in a residential home that began September 2006 and was to end in June 2007. Due to changes in school plans I decided to terminate my lease after staying there for only 2 weeks. I moved in at the end of September and into the beginning of October. I paid...

California Lease [ 3 Answers ]

I'm very thankful I found this site... it has proved to be very informative and the people that reply are greatly appreciated. I hope someone can answer my question as this is turning into a problem I hadn't expected! I rented a house property in July. The house was being rented by the owner,...

View more questions Search