Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicolieolie5990 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Pregnancy test
    I was just curious, I have tooken 3 pregnancy test and they have all came back positive, how ever I read some where about your HCG level, and off and on I have been having a dull pain to my right side an I'm afraid that I could be having a ectopic pregnancy. Is there any way I could be having one of those and still have a positive result ?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 09:50 AM
    One sided pain and cramps is usually normal early in pregnancy.

I went to the doctor complaining of vomiting and side pain... I thought I had food poisoning, the doctor thought I might have appendicitis because of my side pain (no one thought pregnancy because I was on the pill).

Well when the blood work came back it showed I was pregnant.

So again, side pain and/or cramps is not uncommon early during pregnancy.

But since you have confirmed that you are pregnant, you need to set a doctors appt asap and they can assess you in regards to your pain.
    stacey555 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2007, 01:17 PM
    I agree hun I think that you have pains when you are in early stages and all it is is your body adapting to the pregnancy but I would go to the doctors to be on the safe side.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 01:21 PM
    You very well may have an ectopic pregnancy, or it may very well be normal for you. Unfortunately we cannot answer that question accurately since we do not know your medical history and are unable to assess you.

Your hCG levels will be high enough to come back positive on a urine pregnancy test, but depending on the gestational age, your blood levels will be lower if the pregnancy is indeed ectopic.

Therefore, only your doctor can tell you for certain. Please make a doctor's appointment as soon as possible. If it is an ectopic pregnancy, and it ruptures, this could put your life in danger.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blood test or pregnancy test? [ 3 Answers ]

Is a blood test more accurate to tell if someone is pregnant than a pregancy test?

Pregnancy test [ 4 Answers ]

What pragnancy test is more liable clear blue or EPT

Pregnancy test. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm not really sure if anyone could answer this but, I have had a horrible last 2 months on my menstral cycle. I've a had one week of spotting followed by 2 weeks of an abnormal heavy period. I saw a doctor at my local urgent care today and he told me that the symptoms I have been having could be...

Pregnancy test says no, but... [ 6 Answers ]

I have read a lot of things on pregnancy and how to tell if you are or not but I still am stuck. I have taken a pregnancy test and it says that I am not pregnant, I know that they are not to accurate when it comes to some people so I don't know if I should go to the DR. to get one or not. Ever...

View more questions Search