Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessicaluvzpaul Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Dec 1, 2007, 01:28 AM
    Random window pops up when Computer Shuts Down
    Every time I turn off my computer a window pops up with the Title "Cardreaderlookup". And is says it's unable to open since the computer is shutting down. Why does that Always pop up?
    Gekko Posts: 347, Reputation: 77

Dec 19, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Hi Jessicaluvzpaul

The window pops up when shutting down just to notify you that the program has been unsuccessful. It has most likely been trying to run the program since you've booted up. You are just unaware, since it is happening in the background.

If you haven't installed it, it may be a malware, not necessaily dangerous in anyway, just annoying. Or it may be leftover from some other program you had installed at some point.

When you start you're computer, check if an application you are not familiar with is running via the taskmanager.

Or you could search your registry for anything related to "Cardreaderlookup" or any other clues that appear in the shutdown message.

These will give you clues as to what the program is, and where it is running from, then you will need to take steps to remove it. Post again if this helps and you need more instructions...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My computer randomly stands by and then shuts off after 3 times [ 2 Answers ]

I don't know what to do, My computer tells me I have critical system error but I don't know how to fix it and I don't know what to do nor have the money to seek a solution... any suggestions?

Computer voluntarily shuts down [ 1 Answers ]

My PC keeps shutting down voluntarily and there is no error message when I reboot. Could sonmeone please help to remedy? Many thanks

Computer shuts down [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to all. I have a couple problems with my computer:mad: . One is I keep having this box pop up saying cannot find FLASH.OCX. I don't know what that is and why it keeps poping up. Any suggestions? Also. The most annoying thing is that my computer will shut down for no apparent reason. It will...

New computer freezes at random times [ 11 Answers ]

I just bought an HP a1560n Pavilion Media Center. It will freeze up randomly without any errors, blue screens, or anything, it simply stops responding. The only way to unfreeze it is to power it off. When I say it freezes randomly, I mean completely randomly. Sometimes it will freeze 10 seconds...

Clearing serach term window that pops up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - How do you clear the search term window from Internet Explorer? Every time I search in Google or wherever, it has sort of a "history" of past keywords that pops up under the bar :D. It actually pops up when I register for anything, showing a sort of default of past registration...

View more questions Search