Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nano_nano Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 11:46 PM
    To insert disk into the drive
    I have a new 1G sony VAIO pen drive.
    When I click on "my computer" and see that there is a "removable disk" folder
    (e.g. the pen drive has been drive).

But when I click on the removable drive, I was asked "Please insert a disk to the drive".

I cannot format the removable either.

Please advise how to fix the problem
    jaspreet2142 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Dec 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Type "diskmgmt.msc"(without quotes and for xp only) in run dialog box then disk management window will open try formatting pen drive from here

Let me if this work
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Also, make sure when you remove a drive in the future, go to the right bottom and use "Safely remove hardware".
    Duane in Japan Posts: 282, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2007, 04:22 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/comput...tml#post751756

jaspreet2142 was very kind the other day too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please insert a disk into drive D: [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I keep getting 'Please insert a disk into drive D' when I've inserted the disk already and try to open my it? Will I ever be able to view the contents ever again?:mad:

Please insert disk into drive A [ 7 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

External HDD Error "Insert A Disk Into Drive" [ 1 Answers ]

I have a WD HDD installed into an external case. When I plug it into a USB port, a drive letter appears in "System Hardware", and it says the driver is OK and the device is working properly. It even gives me the model number of the WD drive! Driver Agent even confirms that the driver is OK. ...

Please insert a disk into Drive D [ 4 Answers ]

My DVD+-R/RW drives do not recognize any Disks. I have tried these drives in anoher computer and They work fine. I keep getting the "Please insert a disk into drive D:," error when I use them in this Computer. I have already tried using differnet disks. Last time I remember burning a DVD...

Please insert disk into drive A [ 4 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

View more questions Search