Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HongNhan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2003, 07:27 PM
    Problem about possible credit damage
    We just brought a computer from dell... and we thought we were to get 0% interest for 6 mon... So the first bill we paid $100 instead of the mininum $41 from $1500. The second bill we got the start charging us interest 27.49% plus the interest of making payment like $41 a mon. I call them and ask them why they charge me interest... they told me I wasn't qualify for 6 mon. Interest free... I then realize that I wasn't inform of this until I got the second bill... I ask them to pay for the computer off right away without the interest because I have the money for it... However they told me that they couldn't take off the interest if I don't want the computer send it back... I've been trying to call them and the represntative told me that I could return them but when I talk to the return department they say that since my 30 day was up they wouldn't give an okay... I write to dell about the situation and haven't receive a response yet... What should I do... I don't want to be bully into paying for this... but if I don't could it hurt my credit rating.. Can they go to collection with this.. I don't want to return the computer without their OK because they might say that they didn't receive it or something I repack the computer and it's ready to go... What steps should I take to ensure that this doesn't scrude me over... any advice on this matter... Thank-you for your help I really appreciate it... :)
    youareceo Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2004, 12:05 PM
    Problem about possible credit damage
    I have dealth with Dell. They are consumer finance pirates. I have a friend who someone stole her checking information and she did the nice thing and reported it to Dell so they would stop shipment. Then they reported her to Certigy as a bad check payor. Great grattitude!

Don't do business with these pirates. Tell you them in writing you won't get bent, you were told when you purchased it that it was interest free.

Send them a letter demanding they remove the interest via Certified Mail, Return Receipt (proof of mailing) along with a check for the principle balance. Inform them you are notifying the Attorney General in your state and theirs to assure they are cooperative. Inform them that because they are guilty of Truth in Lending Act violations and consumer marketing fraud (bait & switch) that the contract was not in good faith on their part, and you are paying with no interest on the account. State that any further portion of the debt is invalid and in dispute under the Fair Credit Billing Act, and you are invoking estoppel to their right to send the balance to collectiksno or report the account with any late payments or charge offs. Tell them that if they try anything funky like collections or bad credit marks, you'll sue the pants off them for antitrust.

And file a complaint with the AGs. That CSR has the power to write off the interest. Let's make the jerk do it.

Jon
    [email protected]

The preceding is not legal advice, is not from a licensed debt counselor, and is not provided to persons from states which providing such information requires a license.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem with water damage [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter and roommate are students at KCAI. They leased a 2 bedroom apartment in July 2005. The property has a one bedroom unit underneath which is/was gutted and being renovated. They had completed putting blown installation in the ceiling and were dry walling the unit. My daughter’s apartment...

Little help please! Criminal damage case [ 3 Answers ]

If criminal damage to property occurs to a vehicle driven by a man whose wife holds title and registration to the vehicle and someone is indicted for damaging the property of the man, even though he has no title or legal claim to the vehicle is named solely in the indictment as the property owner,...

Damage and loss. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you sue your auto insurance company if they want to total your damaged car out at a lesser value than you agree with?

Rita's damage! [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is an evacuee and is staying with us until her town gets the okay for residents to return. My question... she has a freezer and 'fridge with items that, by the time she returns home,will have gone VERY BAD!! After 3 to 4 weeks can the applainces be saved and cleaned of odor and how?? If...

View more questions Search