Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karlakins08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Falling deeper and deeper into this hole.
    I am currently a high school senior right now, caught in this downward spiral. I did not use to be like this, though. I used to have straight a's, a perfect attendance record, and fully-accomplished goals. But now, I'm failing 3 subjects, being called in for truancy, and missing a lot of the goals I set for myself.

I keep telling myself to just give it a little more push; the schoolyear is almost over. But I seem to have no motivation, and something seems to have died in me. I'm so lazy and depressed, I sleep a lot, and furthermore, I keep getting in fights with my family. I just don't know what the hell happened to me. It's like some sort of.. internal combustion. And it's the wrong timing too--i'm supposed to make a good impression to colleges at this time, etc.

I am ashamed right now. Ashamed of telling my parents and friends and boyfriend about this huge problem--they've always seen me as responsible and so put-together. And I came here to let it all out. Any feedback would be welcome.. I just really don't what's wrong with me and what it will take to get myself out of this hole. :(
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 1, 2007, 01:15 AM
    Sounds like some serious senioritis. You're just getting so anxious to be done with high school, that its affecting the rest of your life.

I say, spend a weekend pampering yourself, and letting go of the stress. And vow to make changes the following Monday.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 02:28 AM
    Same thing happened to me at the same age. I only got out of it when I broke up from school then moved away to uni. Sorry don't know how to hep but wanted to tell you that you're not strange at least.

What you have go to realise that your happiness is more important than grades and that the two are not extrinsicaly linked. Also grades are not as important as you think they are and by failing this year you do not fail at life. Hard to do I know when they have pretty been you life up to now.

I got horrendous grades at your age and now I'm applying for PhDs so you see it's not an academic death sentence.

Make looking after you your number one priority and the rest will follow.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 1, 2007, 02:35 AM
    Excellent thoughts in the two posts above! "Senioritis" is a great name for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song named "Deeper"? [ 3 Answers ]

There is a song that I think is named "Deeper". It was featured in the movie "About Schmidt" during the wedding scene. The movie stars Jack Nicholson. I've tried searching songs named "deeper", tried looking on the movies soundtrack and still I can't find out who sings that song. Help if you...

I'm FALLING for him again [ 3 Answers ]

I told myself that I would never fall for him, but know I'm falling for him. I told myself I a would'nt after how he hurt me is this a bad thing?

Could he be falling? [ 28 Answers ]

I have been dating this guy for about two months. We met online Jan 2nd. We started talking for a few days first online and then on the phone which were 2 hour conversations. We then decided to meet and have been dating every since…. Exclusively. In fact, he was seeing another girl when we met,...

Bankruptcy digs a deeper hole [ 1 Answers ]

I filed for chapter 13 and it was dismissed because I thought my payments were suspended during the summer months because I am a teacher. I called my attorney and was informed to refile not realizing how much this would hurt me or should I say hurt me worse than what I was. Well, I got sick and...

View more questions Search