Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Nov 30, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Did my water break?
    Last night around 230am I lost complete control of my bladder or that's what I think it was I was soaked no matter what I did id use the washroom stand up and then I was soaked. Then this morning at 930am I was changing my son and like this little gush of liquid started running down my legs so I quickly ran to the washroom to find this huge chunk of mucus sitting in my underwear it was clear with a little bit of white. Since then I've felt like I'm constantly peeing myself and then pressure came but now I feel nothing again. Is it just a loss of control of my bladder or did my water break?

My water was broken with my sun so I have nooo idea what I'm looking for.. and also I had already lost my mucus plug which was pinkish in color so what was the piece of mucus I had this morning??
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Mucus plug can break into pieces, and I am guessing that your water did indeed break. You should call the hospital to be safe. Good luck with the baby!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 04:23 PM
    How far along are you?

Nov 30, 2007, 04:37 PM
    I am due Monday
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 04:38 PM
    If you believe your water broke you should be in the car on the way to the hospital last night when it happened. Too many hours after premature rupture of the membranes can cause some very serious problems with mom, but especially baby.

Please get yourself to the hospital now to have a ferning test or a nitrazine test done. That is the ONLY way to know for sure.

Nov 30, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Okay!

Nov 30, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Thank you
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 04:39 PM
    GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!

Every moment is ticking away after your water breaks. Baby should be delivered within 12 hours if your water is broken.

Hey you, go NOW!!

We can't tell you for sure as we can't do the tests, but the hospital can. If your membranes are ruptured you are risking your baby's life by staying at home.

**EDIT**

Rupture of membranes increases risk for infection to mom and baby

Extended rupture of membranes puts baby at risk for fetal hypoxia, which can have lasting and permanent effects.
    Expert

Nov 30, 2007, 04:47 PM
    Please let us know what the hospital says.

Now, get off the computer and get checked out.
    angel0772001 Posts: 233, Reputation: 7

Nov 30, 2007, 04:49 PM
    Good luck with that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

Who covers water main break damage [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, We own a building here in NJ and we had a water main that broke up the block which flooded two of our apartments. We were unable to stay in thebuilding and had to be evacuated on rafts at 5am 2/9/07. Both families that lived in both basements lost everything.We called Unted Water and they said...

Water line break causing problems [ 1 Answers ]

This morning I noticed a river of water coming out of my front yard so I called the water company and they came out a replaced the pvc connecting my residence to the water system with brass. Since then I regained adequate pressure in all of my faucets but both of my toilets will not refill when...

View more questions Search